I would like to try/buy a factory tall seat for '04 R1150R

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

HikerGlenn
Basic User

I would like to try/buy a factory tall seat for '04 R1150R

Post by HikerGlenn »

I.m thinking of ordering one from Chicago BMW. Has anybody dealt with Chicago BMW? Are they decent to work with? They advertise 20% off list on factory parts. Any help would be appreciated.
mcollect
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Re: I would like to try/buy a factory tall seat for '04 R1150R

Post by mcollect »

If you want to try one you can try mine. Just pay the postage,if you want it $60, if not send it back. But why waste your money, very few like the stock that is why there so many threads on which aftermarket one to buy?
Michael
MG 78 LeMans
2002 R1150R
78 R100S
Sunbeemer
Basic User
Donating Member #: 593

Post by Sunbeemer »

That's a good deal for high seat if it's in fair shape.

I put a high seat on my bike a couple years ago (bought it used on flea-bay for $140) to relieve some knee pain I was getting after a couple hours riding, which it did, but now have hip pain from the width of it. It's tolerable though.

I've ordered 3 times from ChicagoBMW. They take a while (2-3 weeks) to fill orders if the parts are not in stock and shipping cost is compensateed by the 20% discount if you order a bunch of stuff. They also want you to order by part numbers, which you can do on their website: http://www.chicagobmwmotorcycle.com
Rich
ADIOS!
HikerGlenn
Basic User

Post by HikerGlenn »

Thanks Michael and Rich, I will consider my options. Before the seat thing happens I must do a 6K maintenance. Only has 5500 miles on it. I just bought the bike and it needs a full going through, valves, rocker adj., throttle bodys sync., full fluid change, and probably a new battery. Tires and brakes are fresh though! Thanks for the help guys! Glenn-Pigeon Forge Tennessee
budH
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by budH »

I'll take it if it's still available. Have wanted to try one for a long time. I've got 52K on my '02 but would like to try for some more leg room - I'm 6 foot. Ordered one from Chicago BMW at least a month ago and I'd love to cancel that order.

Thanks,

--bud--
Chkm8-at-comcast.net
--bud--H
Black '02 BMW R1150R
Red '98 VFR800Fi / Blue '08 WR250R / RWB '84 VF1000F
sLower Delaware