WARNING: '04 Rockster Fuel Leak

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

telliott
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by telliott »

Get a good lawyer quickly. In most states you only have 1 yr. to file. BMW needs to be brought to the table on this issue. Also, notify the Conusmer Products Safety Commission. Leaks haven't gotten much action but your fire and injury might be the incident to bring this to the point of getting something done.
Terry
'03 - Silver R1150R
Parkblu
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Post by Parkblu »

Is it fuel-leak month?

A day or so ago I noticed the smell first, but thought it was a cage or a gas station... this morning I started her on the centerstand before the ride because I noticed that lightbrown dried gasoline on some fins of the right cylinder head - and there it was, a fine spray of gas!

Here's the clincher: I just spoke to my dealer, and yes, the clamps were already once replaced on my bike under recall (2003 R). Dealer recommended not to do what they have to (replace them again with same part) but use either metal clamps or longer lines. BMW should be ashamed of themselves. They totally over-engineer some parts, and just plain wing it with some vital others.

I hope munchmeister takes them to task!
der_Anfaenger
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Fuel Quick Connects

Post by der_Anfaenger »

What is the part number for the Omega Quick Connects - that will replace the plastic Rockster Quick Connects??

Would hate to order the wrong one and have to use "duck tape" to hold them in place (joking about the "duck tape")

Thanks
mad1150
Basic User
Donating Member #: 522

Post by mad1150 »

They're listed in this thread along with a lot of other good info:

http://r1150r.org/board/viewtopic.php?t ... ight=omega
Mark - Member 522

04 R1150R (Silver)