Guzzi Rally

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

mogu83
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Guzzi Rally

Post by mogu83 »

FYI: I'm a long time Guzzi rider 30+ years on the big Geese. Although I've had a moderatly modified BMW /5 in the garage for almost 20 years, it has always been an around town or strictly fun ride.

Last fall an old time riding buddy constantly dusted me off on his new R1200, so I thought I'd better check out the new Beemers. That, Guzzis apparent lack of interest in selling in the states, and their shoddy treatment of existing dealers (which is causing them to drop the marque in droves), put me on a R1200R instead of a 1200 Norge. Ok I took a test ride also.

This weekend I went to my first Guzzi rally on the new bike and after the required harassment about not having a Goose (sold to finance the BMW), we went for an extended ride into West Virginia. No childish particulars, but suffice it to say I'm very satisfied with the Beemer. I must add that the two Norges that I was riding with, both in the hands of competent riders, had a real problem in left hand turns. Both bikes were dragging the center stands in turns that the Beemer was having no problems with. Other Norges at the rally were also showing marks on the center stands.

Sitting the Beemer side by side with the Guzzi I noticed the directional signals and license plate light are the same on both bikes, could be a source of clear lenses for you guys that want to swap from amber. Looks like both brands are still sharing parts.

Harry Costello -- Jersey Shore
2007 R1200R
1974 + 75 CB125S
1971 R75
2011 Sportster
BMWMOA 57358