Cylinder leg rests

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Spookymonster
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Cylinder leg rests

Post by Spookymonster »

Could've sworn I saw this in the forums, but now I can't find it. I'm looking for a pair of leg rests for the cylinder heads. They look like little shelves that rest on top of the heads. Not quite pegs, not quite crash bars. Anyone else remember seeing these, or am I going insane?
2000 R1100 R with 3480 miles... 3481... 3482... 5003...
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

You are going insane... :wink:

I think I saw something also.

I'm going insane also... :D

I think it may have been a Cruiser accessory.

I was thinking something like this.

DJ

Tripton
Basic User

Post by Tripton »

http://www.adventurersworkshop.com/gmtmoto_legrest.htm

Something like this?

I thought I remember seeing some that were sort of molded to the shape of a leg...
desmophil
Basic User

Relieve sore knees

Post by desmophil »

I sometimes rest one leg at a time on the barrels when my poor old knees start to hurt.

I generally wear Draggin jeans when riding - over the boot rather than tucked into the boot as some prefer.

I only do it for short periods at a time because I think it is bad riding practice for obvious bike control reasons (ever tried an emergency evasive manoeuvre on a cruiser) and it also increases stress on the lower back unless you have fairly impressive hamstrings. The jeans don't get hot and so far there is no obvious wear on the fins of the barrels. Its just a no cost, short term and effective measure - so far - but I'm open to argument.
Spookymonster
Basic User

Post by Spookymonster »

Tripton wrote:http://www.adventurersworkshop.com/gmtmoto_legrest.htm

Something like this?

I thought I remember seeing some that were sort of molded to the shape of a leg...
That's it! Thanks!
rph802
Lifer

Post by rph802 »

That wasnt the design intention of our beloved jugs???

Dang, who knew???

yeah not a long term solution but the cylinder heads are THERE anyway... It got me another 50 miles at times on my last roadtrip before I had to stop. For some reason, i had no problem doing this on the R12R I rented in CA but I have the dangest time doing it on my 1100R. Is the engine a skoach lower on the newer bikes???
Life is too short to use cheap toilet paper :D
Member #457
95 R1100R Red
Tripton
Basic User

Post by Tripton »

I ran into a deal for these, and I must say, they are very sturdy and look sweet when they are folded in. A bit pricey when bought new, but for short stints, i find they help in the same way as throwing your legs up on the jugs, but are a lot more comfy.
Spookymonster
Basic User

Post by Spookymonster »

I would love to get a set of those ELF pegs, but at $300+ a pair, it just can't be justified. I don't do enough long-distance highway driving to warrant that kind of money.

As for the cylinder heads being in a different spot on the 1200R, I believe the 1100R has the heads a little further back and down actually. I noticed that I had more legroom for duckwalking on the 1200R than I normally do on my 1100R.
Tripton
Basic User

Post by Tripton »

Yeah, my sparky pegs only cost me 175 bucks, used, but looked like brand new.

Good luck.