A sad farewell to one of the forums founder members...

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Re: A sad farewell to one of the forums founder members...

Post by Biff's R »

Cheers!
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Post by Boxer »

Same here! I can't think of any ride I have been on that I didn't think about Pat and his wit and wisdom concerning motorcycling and life.
OU812
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by OU812 »

Yes indeed.
RIDE TOO PRETEND, PRETEND TOO RIDE. :)
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F
AndyfromPoland
Basic User

Post by AndyfromPoland »

I've only just seen this, just having a look at things on the net.

Incredibly sad. Such a great guy to have exchanged banter with many times back in the old days on this forum.

I remember he wanted to know what a certain after market pipe sounded like so I phoned him from Poland so he could hear it. We had a really good conversation.

A true individual.

I know it's a year on, but my thoughts are with him and his family and friends.

Best

Andy
Member #69
Feeding the Rat
CycleRob
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Post by CycleRob »

Initially I said I'd leave my passenger pegs down until 2012 to symbolically take Pat along for the ride. Well, they have been down, for every ride, without interruption, ever since it was proposed by socalrob in this post. It's also a repetitive visual reminder to me to be alert on the ride I'm about to take.
`09 F800ST

Member since Sept 10, 2001

"Talent, On Loan, From God" --Rush Limbaugh--
themenz

Post by themenz »

I don't get on here often, so I missed Pat's passing. Mark from Virginia, just told me.

Pat, Rich and I rode together on many occasions. We all had R1150Rs at the time and had a great time discovering each other's favorite roads. Over the Sonora Pass in the Sierras, down Skyline to Alice's restaurant to the Pacific, Livermore on Mt. Hamilton road past the James Lick Observatory.

I remember that, although he was very short, and a tad overweight, Pat had an unusual way of getting on his bike that always gave me a start. He would take the bike off the sidestand and just throw his right leg over..and ride away. Crazy! And he rode fast. Rich was the best, Pat was up there with him and I brought up the rear. Great times.

The last time I saw Pat was nearly 9 years ago when I got married. He, Rich, and Mark and Mark's wife all came to celebrate with new wife and I. We got married on a yacht in SF Bay, had a great band. Pat found one of the single gals and danced the night away as we cruise the city and by the Golden Gate. He could move.

I am really sorry to hear of his passing.
owldaddy
Lifer

Post by owldaddy »

I might have been on that Mt. Hamilton ride with you. I was lucky enough to have Pat behind me when I low sided on some sand. He helped me get the RR back on 2 wheels. I rode with him a couple times, always the gentleman.
2004 Ferro R1150R the stealthiest color
When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
justadam
Basic User

Post by justadam »

just stumbled on this.... kick in the chest.... but believe that in the dictionary of life pats picture should be next to the expression "he died doing what he loved best" i knew pat for a couple of years while we both enjoyed our 1150's. went camping and biking with him all over the west coast. stayed overnight at his house... smoked cigars and drank burbon and everything else. always rode for the thrill.... he spent much time riding with hands off the bars and often standing on the pegs just to heighten the sensations of his ride. i spoke often with him about his family situation and i always encouraged him to forget the past and rebuild his relationships.... went with him to visit one holiday in elk grove..... he enjoyed that visit, i was glad for him

we had a falling out back in 2004 and i had a crash which diminished my ardor for riding, but my memories of pat remain and give me comfort.

don't know if anyone still checks this thread....... but i felt i should add my epitaph...

ride on pat ride on.
Doug
Site Admin
Donating Member #: 1

Post by Doug »

I check it. Thanks for chiming in.
Member #1
toner87

Post by toner87 »

I've been gone a while and was saddened to hear about Pat's death. I did get to meet him and ride with him on a Nor Cal ride up on the Delta back in August of 2004. There are some pics of him in this gallery: http://www.cliftonromig.com/Motorcycles ... 704_TvcZqj Ride safe everyone!
Toner
toner87

Post by toner87 »

yjleesvrr

Post by yjleesvrr »

Returning to the board after a several year hiatus. I just read of MikeCam's disappearance and Pat's passing. Sad news to read. RIP Pat, it was a hoot reading your input to this board.
Member #93, June 2002
'14 BMW R1200RT "Wethead"
'77 BMW R100/7 "Airhead"