Site donations, with a little help from Newenough Leathers!

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

Doug
Site Admin
Donating Member #: 1

Site donations, with a little help from Newenough Leathers!

Post by Doug »

It recently came to my attention that we have about $450 in credit over at http://www.newenough.com. New Enough sells all sorts of riding gear, both on and off road. We have been accumulating these credits for a few years via purchases from site members. In the check out process, members were given the opportunity to dontate $1 of their purchase to an online community of their choice. So, lets use them up!

Here is how the drive will work...
For every $20 dontated to the site, you will be given a $10 gift certificate to NewEnough which you can use to buy anything you like. You can donate as much as you like, but it must be sent in $20 blocks (i.e. $40, $100 etc, not $45).

There is a limit here of $450 worth of gift certificates so we will work this on a first-come, first-serve basis. I will update this thread when we have reached this limit. I will also update this thread with those who have donated (if you want) so you can see your name in lights!! :)

This is a good opportunity for those of you who wanted to purchase something anyway and want to make your money go farther by supporting r1150r.net. The site could really use some money these days! Since January 2006, we have had only 31 memberships/renewals and even though I have made great efforts to reduce site fees, we are just scraping buy monetarily. I used some of my own money for our last ISP charge.

To donate: Use http://www.paypal.com/ to send funds. In the note section of the transaction, please mention your name and desired email address for the gift certificate (I know some of you will use other people's paypal address). The paypal address to send payment to is [email protected] .

Thanks for everyone's support!
Last edited by Doug on Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:48 am, edited 8 times in total.
Member #1
Doug
Site Admin

Post by Doug »

Thanks to these generous donaters:
-MikeCam is our first donater with $60! Thanks very much, Mike! BTW, Mike is officially our first "Octuple Lifer". Thanks for your tremendous support over the years Mike. I'd also like to mention that Mike was generous enough to not take the gift certificate but hand it off to Brian (dskyzd, one of this site's moderators) in appreciation for his time and energy maintaining the site. =D>
-R4R&R has donated $40.
-yjleesvrr has donated $20.
-TonyT607 has donated $60 (and asked that the gift certificate be given to Herb!)

Remaining NewEnough funds: $370
Member #1
sjbmw
Donating Member #: 263

Post by sjbmw »

On behalf of Tommy, Thanks T.

Off to the MX racing section....

Freedom is dangerous. Those in power that steal freedom are more dangerous.
iowabeakster
Quadruple Lifer

Post by iowabeakster »

you guys rule!
I was dreaming when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray...
Doug
Site Admin

Post by Doug »

Any more takers?
Member #1
jfslater98
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 535

Post by jfslater98 »

Is this offer still good? If so, I would be interested.
Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Orange Rockster
Sunbeemer
Basic User
Donating Member #: 593

Post by Sunbeemer »

I would like to donate to help you maintain this site. You've done a great job and this site has helped make my RR ownership more interesting and enriching.
The people who participate in this site with their experiences and knowledge are fantastic and I've learned a lot from them about keeping my bike and myself healthy.
Thanks for all the effort you put in to making this site happen, and to everyone who contributes to make it great! 8)
Rich
ADIOS!
Doug
Site Admin

Post by Doug »

$200 left!
Member #1
OU812
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by OU812 »