News bulletin...

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

darthrider
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

News bulletin...

Post by darthrider »

Dallara won't be with us for a while.
He has been given a one-week "time out" with an option to repent or face total ex-communication.
Welcome to Ding Dong School...
Dave

I've spent most of my life on motorcycles, the rest I've just wasted...

Post by Guest »

Holy crap. What nonsense. Is it just me, or do things get pretty dull when Dallara is not around?
Deano

Post by Deano »

Anonymous wrote:Holy crap. What nonsense. Is it just me, or do things get pretty dull when Dallara is not around?
I am an idiot. I have Log-in issues, obviously...

Post by 9291150 »

Dallara is one of the reasons I visit this board, always colorful, funny, and 100% convinved of his views...even if he's wrong! Nothing wrong with that.

This is more evidence that men are turning into wusses, and can't take a funny barb. I've seen nothing over the line.

I'll come back in a week.
Gord
Lifer

Post by Gord »

As per my post in the Member's Section, I might as well take a week off.

I have always found Dallara's posts to be entertaining.

But I guess I have thicker skin than others!
Gord

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. - No. 6
Blank

Why was he given a time out?

Post by Blank »

Why was he given a time out? What is a time out anyway?
darthrider
Basic User

Post by darthrider »

"Why was he given a time out? What is a time out anyway?"

Dear Blank -
Is this that Shaman dude in disguise?
You have that same "HAL" the computer from '2001: A Space Odessy' tone of voice...
Dave

I've spent most of my life on motorcycles, the rest I've just wasted...
JToole
Basic User

Post by JToole »

This "banning" stuff is going to be trouble.

There are only two ways for Doug to do this:

1- Lock someone's login. Big deal! Log in as something else or as a "Guest". Hmmmm, maybe that's why we've seen so many guest posts lately?

2- Lock out traffic from your IP. Since static IPs are rare any more (most ISPs assign you a new one each time you log on), the only way he can do that is to lock out an entire ISP. Bad news for anyone also using your ISP. For example, if I were banned 2/3 of greater Cincinnati would not have access...

One thing I've learned over the years is it takes 10 times the energy to fight than it does to cooperate...
Gord
Lifer

Post by Gord »

Well this is my last word on the matter before my self-imposed vacation.

I want to know who the Nancy-boys were who had to get Doug to fight their battle for them.

Over and out until December 17 for this member!
Gord

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. - No. 6
12bar1
Lifer

Me Too

Post by 12bar1 »

This is getting silly and I for one am tired of worrying about what "might" offend someone else.

See Ya Later

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Yer wanted by the police and my wife thinks your dead.
mcooperstein
Donating Member #: 2

Post by mcooperstein »

Regarding Allan's "ban"..hopefully he'll respect his "time out", think about what Doug has requested and be back with us next week. It's his choice. He was asked to take a chill pill by me and Doug, and he didn't seem to get the message. Regardless of his value to this board, nobody gets licence to continue to be disruptive without consequences. Not me, not Dallara, not anybody. It aint no big thang as Patrick would say, but some of us just don't understand simple courtesies and when things get to a head, stuff happens. It's sad, but that's life. It's the way it is at work, at school, everywhere. I don't know why people think they can get away with unruly behavior on the Internet. Has something to do with not being face to face with a real person. I've been guilty of that myself. But I've noticed, that many of the people here that are being asked to be a leetle bit more respective of others, are NOT the same way in person. I've met many of you at different rides, and the behavior is different. It shouldnt be!

So, thats my two cents on the matter. I would respectively ask that people not get all blown up over this. If you cant deal with it, then take a "time out" for yourself, but please don't continue this thread unless you have something positive to contribute. Now, I may be wrong about this, but I'm guessing that Dallara contacted Dave about his "time out", or contacted somebody about it, maybe for sympathy, or maybe because he just cant stand being ostracized and has to vindicate himself. He could have just kept it to himself, took a week off, and quietly resumed business as usual. Instead, people are going to get all blown up over this, and they dont know or have all the facts. They don't need to know either! So, Puleeze...just everybody stop acting like big s*hits. After all, we're just lukewarm diaharea (please notice I said "we"...I'm as guilty as the next one for having an over active ego sometimes too!)

Mark
rivi7777
Basic User

Post by rivi7777 »

Hey, shouldn't this thread be moved to "off topic" or the "member's section?" Futhermore, how 'bout all the incarnations of "the lastest," "news bulletin," or "whatever" be moved and/or lumped (or yes, even face the dreaded D word - deletion) as one, as it now permeates the board in numerous sections...

Last edited by rivi7777 on Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rebel Beemer
Basic User

Post by Rebel Beemer »

OK, now back to the bikes! Yikes, don't the men here all have rhino skin? Better put your armor on! :wink:
Live to Ride, Ride to Live
JToole
Basic User

Post by JToole »

Instead, people are going to get all blown up over this, and they dont know or have all the facts. They don't need to know either!
Mark, there is a lot of chatter off-board, though. People - a lot of people - are saying that this was over a spat with Pat. They are also saying that Pat was dishing as well as he got. It's all hearsay now, the whole thread is gone.

I've been around here as long as you and Pat have, though not as active. We've all seen the whole board upset then calm down from time to time. This isn't one of them.

There is talk of double standards, censorship, and the like. The word from Doug and you guys is "nevermind, go about your business". All people are wanting is a little sunshine - let's see the process behind the decisions.

There is real fear in the water this time. For example, I'm submitting this in the hope it will be recieved constructively. What if you guys decide I am just being disruptive? Will my name be dragged through the mud in front of friends I have talked with for years? Will my login be denied? Will I have access only at the hotspots (away from my ISP)?

...and if it all comes to pass that way, do you think the board will not take note of it?
Deano

Post by Deano »

mcooperstein wrote:... Instead, people are going to get all blown up over this, and they dont know or have all the facts. They don't need to know either!
This is incomprehensible. We are going to “get all blown up over this” because we do not have all the facts, and we are not privy to said facts? The mind numbs.
mcooperstein
Donating Member #: 2

Post by mcooperstein »

Trust me Dean, you don't have all the facts. And it would be "mind numbing" for anybody to even want to always have "all the facts". It aint possible. The bottom line...it's Dougs site. He can run it the way he wants. If you don't agree, open your own site and run it the way you want to. I can live with that, can you?
arkline
Quadruple Lifer

Post by arkline »

So we're basically back to Pat's "love it or leave it" statement. As a long time member, I am just a bit disturbed about that.
arkline #27
not THE Ron Kline

"No matter where you go, there you are."
guest1

Post by guest1 »

Guys, we are all grown men and i am so sick of hearing all the banter....Lets all grow up....Follow the rules of this board, if you dont like the rules,,move along then to another board. Respect each other and express opinions in a respectful way or ur gonna have trouble.....simple enough. Lets get back to the bikes....
Pat
Honorary Lifer

Post by Pat »

arkline,
Don't drink of the Kool-Aid tainted by untruths. Below is my statement that you changed around to suit your needs, or those of another.......

"Either the "BMW R1150R/T K1200R R1100R/T Message Board Forum" works for you, or it doesn't. AND it is an oversimplification to suggest that one, "Love it, or leave it"....... It has become what it is today, because people chose to stay and change it."

Can people not see why threads like this DO NOT belong on the opening page of a BMW R1150R site? First time visitors and recent Rock & Roadster owners have no interest in this school-girl drama. It does them a disservice to ask that they wade through this dunnage.

I'm going to bed now. Unlike the posers, wannabe's, and poseurs who feel compelled to whine & complain about not getting their way, I'm going on a motorcycle ride in the morning.
Member #31

Post by Guest »

I can only look at my bike too...but at least it is an r1150r...