Wunderlich Rockster Sports windscreen!

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

pepezrx

Wunderlich Rockster Sports windscreen!

Post by pepezrx »

I ordered it from Santa Cruz BMW. It arrived sooner than expected. Of course, I live in the Bay Area. Anyway, installed it and it was easy. My opinion on it that it's awesome. It looks good, conform to Rockster's look, pretty good wind-protection. Not as good as an RT or GS but satisfied with it. Wunderlich makes two others and they're both hideous and uncool. I am sure it would work for long trips but who gives a damn. I went to Milwaukee on my ZRX1200R and it works well on long trip. It's windscreen looks cool but doesn't provide much protection and I still don't care. Of all the windscreen for Rocksters out there, Parabellum tops out the ugliest of all while Wunderlich's sportscreen tops out as the coolest looking. So, there!
Lion_Lady
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Post by Lion_Lady »

Pictures????

P
MartyWadd
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

The screen?

Post by MartyWadd »

Yea man, let's have a pic!
pepebmw
Basic User

Ookay

Post by pepebmw »

I am at work. When I get home, will take pixs and load it onto my Apple. Look for it tonight.

8)
Nutty rider!
pepebmw
Basic User

Photo of Wunderlich Sports Screen

Post by pepebmw »

Hey all, here you go!!!

If this ain't werking... go to http://homepage.mac.com/pepestudio/temp ... ckster.htm

Enjoy!
Nutty rider!
Bry
Basic User

Great!

Post by Bry »

Had one on of those on my Rockster! Well made screens, did yours come with the knob adjusters as well?

Bry
I work so much to afford the toys I don't have time to use!
captainK
Basic User

Rockster screen

Post by captainK »

That looks a hell of a lot better than I thought it would -- might have to get one myself!
L E E
Basic User

Post by L E E »

how was it to install?
ranmar850
Basic User

Post by ranmar850 »

Yes, I have Bry's old one and they are great. Wind protection all out of proportion to their small size, and they really look like they belong, actually accentuate and complement the bikes original lines. Easy to fit(but you need a Torx set). I don't want to offend anyone, but all the other ones I've seen posted just look naff by comparison, spoiling the lines and intention of the bike. :P (and the laser can and cat replacement are great, too) :D
L E E
Basic User

Post by L E E »

looks like a 5 minute job :)
that's the shorter of the two models?
Old Crockster
Basic User

Post by Old Crockster »

why not just buy a tourer? Surely we are changing the essence of a sublime naked bike here? I recently had 1200GT as a loan bike when mine was in for 6000ml service and really didn't like it. Living on the West coast of Scotland, believe me there is PLENTY of wind and I kinda missed it behind a screen.....maybe its just me?
kbc68
Lifer

Post by kbc68 »

WOW ! Looks great i like it .

Looks great i like it .

Suites it well !
2004 Silver R1150R abs

KeV !

Post by Guest »

No, it didn't have an adjustment knob.

You don't really need any instruction manual on how to install it and it was TOOO EASY to install it on.

It's the shortest of all Wunderlich's screen but Laminar Lip's the tiniest but doesn't conform to Rockster's

As for bike with lotsa wind protection, I ain't for it because it's too piggy! No offense, ha! Only wind-protection I want are on racebikes.

Glad that some of youse guys like'em. Get'em and you'll love it!
jrock
Basic User

Post by jrock »

Where did you get it and how much?

Post by Guest »

I think Old Crockster described the situation perfectly.

Mike
ranmar850
Basic User

Post by ranmar850 »

Old Crockster wrote:why not just buy a tourer? Surely we are changing the essence of a sublime naked bike here? I recently had 1200GT as a loan bike when mine was in for 6000ml service and really didn't like it. Living on the West coast of Scotland, believe me there is PLENTY of wind and I kinda missed it behind a screen.....maybe its just me?
I have to disagree with you on this particular screen-fervently. I have seen a lot of God-awful ugly screens fitted to bikes, (including Rocksters)but there are a very few that actually improve the bike they are on in all respects, and this is one of them. This isn't one of those" put on a barn door and lets add bar risers at the same time " thing. :P If you feel you have to go down that route, then you have bought the wrong bike. Generally speaking I hate screens, too, but this really accentuates the lines of the bike. Properly adjusted ( for me), the angle exactly extends the line of the cowling , without touching at the lower edge, and that lower edge is moulded to exactly match the profile of the instruments. You really have to see it in the flesh, look at it from all angles. This is NOT something you have to accept for the sake of wind protection, it's a winner all round. I rode 320 km this morning, return trip into a headwind, and wasn't bothered once, at good average speeds. :D
jrock
Basic User

Post by jrock »

I can't find this thing anywhere, not even on BMW of Sant Cruz's website. Can someone post a website where you can buy this thing.
mark_m_nj
Basic User

ordered

Post by mark_m_nj »

went ahead and ordered one today. That will be great. I like the look a lot and need a littel protection in winter.

mark
'04 Rockster
Arjen
Basic User

Post by Arjen »

jrock wrote:I can't find this thing anywhere, not even on BMW of Sant Cruz's website. Can someone post a website where you can buy this thing.
Rockster sportscreen at Wunderlich.de
Greetz Arjen
'04 black'n'lime R1150R Rockster
riceburner
Basic User

Post by riceburner »

hmmm - not convinced by this screen tbh. Looks good without a rider on the bike - but put a rider on and it looks far too low - it appears to be aiming at the riders chest and looks a bit odd.

Also I don't think it "flows" with the eyebrow very well tbf.

just my thoughts. :)
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life