An attempt to log in

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

An attempt to log in

Post by towerworker »

Just as the title says. I'm simply trying to log in. This board has become incredibly more and more difficult to log in. I'm not certain why.

Wayne
The Older I Get, The Less I know. (in honor of MikeCam
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: An attempt to log in

Post by riceburner »

I had an email conversation with Doug recently - there are some issues with the forum that are becoming harder to deal with for certain reasons that aren't disclosable. :( (

I would suggest that we bear with the issues and do the best we can to keep the community spirit going for as long as we can.

I know that right know, with my bike 35 miles away and riding curtailed, living a proxy biking life by reading about bikes is keeping me just about sane.
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
towerworker
Lifer

Post by towerworker »

I've too many years here to walk away. Besides that.....who'd remind y'all to change your antifreeze...........
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
riceburner
Basic User

Post by riceburner »

towerworker wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:09 am I've too many years here to walk away. Besides that.....who'd remind y'all to change your antifreeze...........
:D Quite! We need you around!
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
swamper
Basic User

Post by swamper »

After over a week it finally let me log in. I tried everyday and knew I had the correct login username and password.
02R1150R,02R1150Rabs,04R1150R :D 02R1100S,05R1100S(BCR), :shock: (2)-S1000XR :smt003
IBA#7147
towerworker
Lifer

Post by towerworker »

I’m trying something a bit different right at this moment. I tried a half dozen times last night to log in with no success. Maybe this time??
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
towerworker
Lifer

Post by towerworker »

Thank the Lord! I think I've hit on the problem.....not that I understand it any better but this is a reply I got during the night after I emailed the phpBB
forum software people asking for technical support:

Hi Wayne,

If you're putting it the correct username and password but still aren't able to login, then I would say you're probably not doing anything wrong. If it's logging you out randomly, then again, I would say that's unlikely to be caused by something you're doing.

By default, the forum is loading in an iframe, and the cookie that's being set is limited to /board/. So I'm not surprised that it's not working correctly. Try going to the forum directly and see if it works better for you: index.php

It's possible that there are other configuration errors made. Unfortunately, only the administrators can fix this. If you manage to get in touch with them, feel free to send them my way and I'll be happy to help them fix it.

Best regards,

Yuriy
Project Manager, phpBB
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
riceburner
Basic User

Post by riceburner »

towerworker wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:06 am Thank the Lord! I think I've hit on the problem.....not that I understand it any better but this is a reply I got during the night after I emailed the phpBB
forum software people asking for technical support:

Hi Wayne,

If you're putting it the correct username and password but still aren't able to login, then I would say you're probably not doing anything wrong. If it's logging you out randomly, then again, I would say that's unlikely to be caused by something you're doing.

By default, the forum is loading in an iframe, and the cookie that's being set is limited to /board/. So I'm not surprised that it's not working correctly. Try going to the forum directly and see if it works better for you: index.php

It's possible that there are other configuration errors made. Unfortunately, only the administrators can fix this. If you manage to get in touch with them, feel free to send them my way and I'll be happy to help them fix it.

Best regards,

Yuriy
Project Manager, phpBB
AAH! - that makes a LOT of sense!! (to me at least)

Yes - that's how I connect to the board - by entering the direct address to the forum pages ( I actually just jump straight to newposts:
search.php?search_id=newposts ) - that might explain why I don't see the issues that other people are having??

So - upshot is: use this link to access the board: http://www.r1150r.org/board/, NOT this link : http://www.r1150r.org. :)
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
swamper
Basic User

Post by swamper »

Yes it works that way for me too.
02R1150R,02R1150Rabs,04R1150R :D 02R1100S,05R1100S(BCR), :shock: (2)-S1000XR :smt003
IBA#7147
Doug
Site Admin
Donating Member #: 1

Post by Doug »

Yes! what rice says.

specifically, you should bookmark: https://r1150r.org/board
Member #1