Metz....Z6's

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

cammy
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Metz....Z6's

Post by cammy »

Wot pressures do you run on your Z6's? When I bought my Rock it was fitted with Metz M1's. At first I set the pressures as standard for solo riding (f-32, r-37), but after I started to gel with the bike I went for a 34/39 set up which I felt was a little more sure footed. Now I have the Z6's fitted & they feel great after 350 mls. I havn't checked the pressures since they were fitted at the 6000ml service, but whatever the pressures are they seem fine, & once I get round to checking them, I think I will stick to those pressures.
CARNAC MOTO, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006....2007?
Yahoo-Boy
Basic User

Post by Yahoo-Boy »

Just about everyone on this board has a different opinion on this subject. Here's the last time this topic went around...

http://www.r1150r.org/board/viewtopic.p ... e+pressure

I personally run 38F 40R, though.

~Scott
"If you can't say anything nice, at least have the decency to be vague."
Dred80
Basic User

tire pressure

Post by Dred80 »

I run the pressures recommended by both BMW and Metzeler which are the same. 36 psi front and 42 psi rear. I'm not an engineer, I do not design motorcycles or tires for a living so I figure maybe those that do know a bit more about it than I do. Not to mention that I'm quite happy with the handling and wear results using these pressures with these tires.
B.Dred
mistercindy

Post by mistercindy »

Keep things easy. 40 front and back. If the front gets up to 39 I'm okay.
'05 R1200GS
Once owner of an '03 R1150R
Member #333 (cool number!)
riceburner
Basic User

Post by riceburner »

36F 42R.
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
leno

Re: tire pressure

Post by leno »

Dred80 wrote:I run the pressures recommended by both BMW and Metzeler which are the same. 36 psi front and 42 psi rear. I'm not an engineer, I do not design motorcycles or tires for a living so I figure maybe those that do know a bit more about it than I do. Not to mention that I'm quite happy with the handling and wear results using these pressures with these tires.
I'm with you 100% on that. I try to run at the recomended presure. It seems to work well at that. I let them run a bit flat when I was ill and it felt like a slug before I had a chance to pump them up. So I say people running them low, pump them up they will not explode.