The R1200R Photo Discussion Thread!

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

Catchina
Lifer
Donating Member #: 998

Re: The R1200R Photo Discussion Thread!

Post by Catchina »

...drink and neck...

Ahhhh those were the days :lol:
2011 R1200R RED
1996 Virago XV 750
Lost Rider
Basic User
Donating Member #: 514

Post by Lost Rider »

jmckeown wrote:Any chance you'd part with the touring screen before selling?

I am considering parting out the 07' and then selling the bike, lookout for a parting out thread. :mrgreen:

If you are talking about the Z-technik screen hanging on the wall then yes, PM me with an offer. :D

Some new action shots from Mulholland. :D

Get Lost!
Rrider
Donating Member #: 744

Post by Rrider »

Wonderful shots!!!
07 Black R1200R
MTBeemer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 1043

Post by MTBeemer »

The picture just about says it all. The rider is a very experienced and capable woman from Anchorage. She sustained only minor bruises as a result. She has ridden the bike to Deadhorse, Inuvik and on just about every dirt road in AK and the YT. She was near Dawson City when she got too wide in a corner, got into gravel and hit a large rock. ATGATT really does work. Less than 24 hours after the accident she called me to buy my 08 R... And she did.
Kevin Huddy
Intrepid Incompetent
Canyon Creek, MT
Team Pterodactyl Montana Outpost
Catchina
Lifer
Donating Member #: 998

Post by Catchina »

I would think that is not worth the repair, lucky to survive something like that.
2011 R1200R RED
1996 Virago XV 750
peels
Basic User

Post by peels »

HOLY SMOKES.

cool story. great to hear that was NON fatal crash, because it sure doesnt look it :shock: and awesome to see her get right back on. =D>
2002 R1150R. Helmets save more lives than loud pipes.
Lost Rider
Basic User
Donating Member #: 514

Goodbye

Post by Lost Rider »

Here's the last "new" photo I'll be posting, me handing over the keys to the new happy owner who I think will love Roadie the Roadster as much as I did.
103,786 wonderful joy filled and drama free miles, was a little sad today but this bike has a lot of life left in it and needs to be ridden... oh the stories it can tell it's new garage mates. 8)
It's been great being a part of this forum for the last 9 years, I will still try to pop in now and then to check up on ya'll.
You guys and gals keep the rubber side down.

Cheers

Finn

Get Lost!
Rrider
Donating Member #: 744

Post by Rrider »

What? Tell us it isn't so. The forum won't be the same without your posts and your beautiful photos. We will miss you.

Dena
07 Black R1200R
rickg
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Post by rickg »

Here are a couple of pics from my recent Labor Day Weekend ride to the Motorcyclepedia Museum in Newburgh NY. This photo was taken on Route 97 along the PA / NY border. After the museum I met my wife in Watkins Glen for the BMW Finger Lakes Rally.

You can read a full ride report with lots of bike pics from the museum and rally here:

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/m ... s.1092099/

Enjoy!

Rick G
2011 BMW R1200R - My Redhead with Big Juggs!
2009 Vespa GTS 250ie Super - Just for Kicks and Giggles.
deilenberger
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by deilenberger »

rickg wrote:Here are a couple of pics from my recent Labor Day Weekend ride to the Motorcyclepedia Museum in Newburgh NY. This photo was taken on Route 97 along the PA / NY border. After the museum I met my wife in Watkins Glen for the BMW Finger Lakes Rally.

Hawks Nest.. nice road, but I really enjoy Rt 42 from there to Liberty NY..

You can read a full ride report with lots of bike pics from the museum and rally here:

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/m ... s.1092099/

Enjoy!

Rick G
Rick,

Our local club does an Oktoberfest weekend the same weekend as Colors in the Catskills - in the upper Catskills, AKA the Bavarian Alps.. and that's part of the route up. We're planning on visiting Motorcyclepedia on Saturday afternoon.

Curious - what are the last 7 digits of your VIN, mine are ZX96991 - wonder how far apart the two redheads were in the production line.
Don Eilenberger - NJ Shore
2012 R1200R - I love this bike!
IainW
Basic User

Post by IainW »

I've been away from this board for a few years but on just buying a 2012 R1200R I've returned and will post a few things to contribute. First one is of last years trip to China, this is the bike they lent me for the week, I'd had it the previous year and has prompted me to get the one I have just bought.
deilenberger
Honorary Lifer

Post by deilenberger »

IainW wrote:I've been away from this board for a few years but on just buying a 2012 R1200R I've returned and will post a few things to contribute. First one is of last years trip to China, this is the bike they lent me for the week, I'd had it the previous year and has prompted me to get the one I have just bought.
Who is loaning you an R1200R in China? I imagine that's somewhat of a rarity in China where most of the bikes are smaller (and there are a lot of them..)
Don Eilenberger - NJ Shore
2012 R1200R - I love this bike!
IainW
Basic User

Post by IainW »

I went over for the Tour of Beijing cycle race for the 4 years it was on as a press moto pilot. The organisation pulled the bikes in from a BMW owners club. They were mostly GSs but as I'm a short arse they got me the R. First year I had an R110R which was a bit of a heap and I was lucky to get round without it breaking down, the following year I had a Rockster which was quite good, then the last two years I had this.
Doug
Site Admin
Donating Member #: 1

Post by Doug »

Very cool!
Member #1
wallyging
Basic User

Post by wallyging »

arp wrote:I'd rather ride than fish. These guys live a tough life.
Pretty sure this is now my bike - I bought it from BMW of Seattle in March 2018. A lovely bike, and my first R. Ohlins front and back, nice Wunderlich hugger, very nice shape.