Mss Voni Glaves achivement on boxer BMW

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

Steve H.
Basic User

Mss Voni Glaves achivement on boxer BMW

Post by Steve H. »

She did 357,658MLS(572,253KMS) on her 1993 R1100RS.She is in the background,becouse she does not like too much publicity.She is doing a marvelous job as a bike driver.She is great.

Steve H.
MTBeemer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 1043

Re: Mss Voni Glaves achivement on boxer BMW

Post by MTBeemer »

Voni is very well known in the BMW and broader motorcycle community. She, along with the late Ardis Kellerman became the first two women to ride over one million miles on BMWs about two years ago. Voni is anything but in the background. She is a strong advocate for motorcycling and youth training, and contributes often to the Owners News.
Kevin Huddy
Intrepid Incompetent
Canyon Creek, MT
Team Pterodactyl Montana Outpost
mogu83
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by mogu83 »

+1 Kevin Anyone that has been to a BMW National notices that a core group of people seem to be involved in everything and Voni is definately one of that group. With all the things she does for the MOA and other MC groups then add on all the miles she rides one has to wonder - is she human?. Whatever she is (human or robot) she's a great attribute to the BMW community.
Harry Costello -- Jersey Shore
2007 R1200R
1974 + 75 CB125S
1971 R75
2011 Sportster
BMWMOA 57358
Steve H.
Basic User

Post by Steve H. »

Voni :D =D> =D>
MTBeemer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 1043

Post by MTBeemer »

It should not be overlooked that one important factor in Voni being able to ride all those miles is her husband Paul. Paul is a technical writer for the Owners News and is as close to an expert on BMW motorcycles as there is. You don't ride a bike for nearly 400,000 miles without someone doing the hard mechanical work. Voni was a teacher, and while she was out riding in the summer months (nearly 80,000 miles one summer), Paul was at home preping another bike for her to ride when she passed by their home. As a result poor Paul only has somewhere in the area of 800,000 miles on BMWs.
Kevin Huddy
Intrepid Incompetent
Canyon Creek, MT
Team Pterodactyl Montana Outpost
Steve H.
Basic User

Post by Steve H. »

Thank you Kevin,for the detailed report I diden't know for. :roll: Thank you Poll for supporting your wife sacrifizing your own drive.You are such a great man(big heart).You do it in perfect way.

Merry christmas for every bikers!!!!!

Steve H.-Northumberlander
Steve H.
Basic User

Post by Steve H. »

Ok guys,it is a self confession.
I got approx.200,000mls or so on wery warious bikes.Still I do not consider my self as an experienced driver,rether a biker with some experience.One time in 1976,in february,driving my smaller bike(MZ 250TS)stopped at traffice lite completelly stopped.Putting my right leg down ,the bike just like slide outh,BANG I was dow on the ashfalt,actually on the plain ice.What Ido not realized that is ice.The pedestrianse where laughing on me becose of this accident.I was wery a shame,cosed by my stupidity.Well,never know what is going to happen. :oops:
Steve H.
BoxerSteve
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 879

Post by BoxerSteve »

I fell on ice once too. Ice & motorcycles don't usually mix all that well. Plus the most natural position for any motorcycle is laying on it's side.