I may no longer be a Rockster owner....

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Lob
Basic User

I may no longer be a Rockster owner....

Post by Lob »

I don't have pictures of the Fiat Panda that nailed me.....my foot has a couple of hairline fractures.

The bike has to be 7-8k in value locally and my insurance assessor has the repair estimated at around 5k. I think this is because the frame is bent due to the pillion footpegs and exhaust taking the hit....that part of the subframe has been pushed in.

On the bright side, I stayed upright and managed to park the bike before waiting for the ambulance.

Oh and the police have absolved me of all blame and the lady who hit me may have a month's vacation from driving......
R100CS
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Re: I may no longer be a Rockster owner....

Post by R100CS »

Good you survived mostly unharmed.
Sorry for the bike, so now you habe the option restoring it or using the insurance money as payment for a new bike.
I'm still recovering from being hit by a truck (he ignored a red traffic light), in a couple of month the metal plate has to be removed from my arm and wrist.
2003 R1150R/Touratec panniers/H&B topbox/Gimbel Fairing/MCCruise cruisecontroll
previous R100CS
riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by riceburner »

Can you buy back the bike after accepting the payout?
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
Lob
Basic User

Post by Lob »

So it survived! Allegedly without frame and suspension damage so it's cosmetic fixes only....! But still costing nearly 60% of the bike's present value.....
Lob
Basic User

Post by Lob »

so I'm still awaiting the return of my bike - they're awaiting a replacement Laser Titanium can. I may have to fit it myself so I can have my bike back before Christmas.....or tell them to get a similar car from Akrapovic etc.

The good news is that the frame and suspension are not bent. So the damage is actually cosmetic!

And 2 months on, my foot is almost healed. Still a little swelling and stiffness but I can walk quite reasonably....
riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by riceburner »

Lob wrote:so I'm still awaiting the return of my bike - they're awaiting a replacement Laser Titanium can. I may have to fit it myself so I can have my bike back before Christmas.....or tell them to get a similar car from Akrapovic etc.

The good news is that the frame and suspension are not bent. So the damage is actually cosmetic!

And 2 months on, my foot is almost healed. Still a little swelling and stiffness but I can walk quite reasonably....
Good to hear you're recovering ok.

Rocksters seem to be pretty tough imo - although, like all Telelever BMWs, they'll be written off in a head on (the forces through the Telelever arm tend to smash up the engine cases!)
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life