Sh1t happens

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Basmaf
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Sh1t happens

Post by Basmaf »

I ended up having a really great spin today. :)
She was running a bit chocked up so armed with some new plugs, a nearly empty tank and some Wynn’s injector cleaner I decided to have a blast.
We had a bimble through York to get her warmed up and to the other side of the city to look at a 1200R, and then on the outer ring road back towards home where I asked her to get a move on so I gave her some right hand.
In response she hoisted up her petticoats and took off like she had been stabbed with a cattle prod. Oh yes. :D :biggrin:

So when it came to putting her away I was just a bit upset when she just got away from me. :?
I was pushing her backwards in the back alley getting her lined up for the garage when for some unknown reason she just would not move.
I was trying to get her moving again when for another unknown reason she just started to go over away from me. :shock: :smt100
I must have exceeded the tipping point when everything instantly changed into super-slow-mo mode.
I was pulling as hard as I could but she just kept going over, with me attached no matter how hard I tried to pull her back. :smt100 :smt100
She did pause a bit as the head hit the cobbles, but then the wheels came up and she then slowly carried on, silently, all the way over. :cry: :-({|= :smt088

SH!T, FUG, SUGGER, KIN ELL, GORDEN BENNETT, TWINGO, ARSENELL and RASSAFRESSARICKARACKERTS were not uttered by me... but lots of other words were....

The damage? [-o<
There were 2 small scuffs on the edge of the top box and the end of the bar. :-s

A bit of scraping to one of the cylinder head protector guards. :-s :shock:

AND THAT’S IT. \:D/ =D>
I have re-checked and there is no more damage to her at all. :D \:D/ :smt119

Morel of the story.
No matter how good the ride is, sh1t happens when you least expect it
The cylinder head protector guards saved me hundreds
I am sooooooooooooooo glad these were fitted to her. :smt023 :smt041

Ride safe
-Basmaf
04 1150R In Yellow. On the 7th day God rested, in Yorkshire, and saw it was good.
Mrchips
Basic User

Re: Sh1t happens

Post by Mrchips »

At least it happened outside in the open & didn't fall against anything.

I seem to do more damage to my vehicles in my garage than out.
tiPirate
Basic User

Post by tiPirate »

Seems like a great case for thick shag carpeting in parking areas.
swamper
Basic User

Post by swamper »

I've damaged/scratch up more stuff in my garage than anywhere else. I've only lost one to gravity once and that was in the garage also backing it up into it's parking spot. Only ego damaged but it sure makes one feel stupid.
02R1150R,02R1150Rabs,04R1150R :D 02R1100S,05R1100S(BCR), :shock: (2)-S1000XR :smt003
IBA#7147