1997 R850R 49,700 miles

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1100R.

Moderator: Moderators

captaincable
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1050

1997 R850R 49,700 miles

Post by captaincable »

Well under the guidance and help of CycleRob we have been going over my 850 fixing and tweeking various things including tearing down the bike and pulling transmission to check and lube splines (wow that was some work )I am not going into much detail as I have asked Rob to explain in his own accurate and knowledgeable style what we did and what we found . I will say I have built a few engines in my youth and thought it would not be much of a challenge, let me just say shore am glad Rob was there. I would have either destroyed the bike or committed suicide (or both) :mrgreen:It sure makes the basic maint. seem simple.
I changed spark plugs this afternoon put in autolite ap3923 ( platinum ) $2.99 ea with $1.25 rebate each from Autozone This sale goes until some time in June. I know there has been much talk about spark plugs as I have searched the forum, but must say after pulling the nkg out and they appeared to be in excellent shape nice tan clean burn , the new plugs felt like 10 hp was added I cant believe what a diff.
Ride Safe
Mike