Excited! New Suspension Tuesday.

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

Snapping Twig
Basic User

Excited! New Suspension Tuesday.

Post by Snapping Twig »

They're finally in and my installation appointment is for Tuesday.

I ordered Yacugar's triple valve rear and standard front.

These are from the line of succession starting with WP, then Ohlin, then Wilber's, then Hyperpro and now Yacugar.

Same crowd involved with all these brands, Yacugar being the latest incarnation.

In a strange twist of fate, with almost 4K miles on my ride, the OEM shocks seem to be getting more compliant with a smoother ride quality. It was the harsh ride without loaded panniers that got me looking for new suspension, but that said, I am not regretting the decision to go with new shocks.

A triple valve rear shock with high and low speed compression circuits just makes sense for a nice ride like a R12R. Rebound control front and rear is the icing on the cake.

Ted at the Beemer Shop in Santa Cruz is doing the install and calibration, so I'm also looking forward to the education on sag, pre load and riding my bike set up for me correctly.

Exciting times. :)
bmwk100
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: Excited! New Suspension Tuesday.

Post by bmwk100 »

Congrats! I'm saving my rubles for some Wilber's by the end of the year. Approaching 23K on the bike so would like to do it soon. Keep us updated with how the ride feels after the install.
Blue 10' R1200R
Triumph Sprint ST (traded for)
slowtorque
Lifer

Post by slowtorque »

Awesome! Wish I were closer to that shop so I could get the same treatment. Keep us posted.
Johnny

04 R1150R GONE
10 R1200R GONE
Snapping Twig
Basic User

Post by Snapping Twig »

Ted's got a good reputation. I had no idea about that prior to wanting this upgrade, but apparently it's nation wide.

Lucky that he's in my own backyard - hour and a half away.

I'm going to take my panniers so we can set the sag with them as well as without.
NakedRider
Basic User

Post by NakedRider »

Snapping Twig wrote:Ted's got a good reputation. I had no idea about that prior to wanting this upgrade, but apparently it's nation wide.

Lucky that he's in my own backyard - hour and a half away.

I'm going to take my panniers so we can set the sag with them as well as without.
Ted's a big help even over the phone.
BMW R1200R - White
deilenberger
Honorary Lifer

Post by deilenberger »

I was curious about these shocks since the pictures appeared identical to Hyperpro shocks, and a good friend Klaus Hueneke is the importer for Hyperpro in the US.. so I asked Klaus. This is verbatim from Klaus:
Yacugar is a "one man" operation. They do not build or service shocks, just sell.

The owner of Yacugar was a WP salesman who approached Hyperpro and asked to buy "standard" shocks from them labeled as YACUGAR so he can sell them to WP dealers in Europe. Obviously he is now also selling them outside of Europe as well.

The Yacugar shocks are not build to specs., only to standard weight of 85Kg. They are an off-the-shelf item, regardless what Ted Porter tells his customers. Ted Porter may put different springs on them, but then the valving may not be correct for the new spring. Also, the Hyperpro springs as well as the Yacugar springs have a smaller ID then other springs, so someone cannot simply take springs from other manufacturers (Wilbers for example - they are sold by Ted Porter as well) and put them on the Yacugar shocks They are the same quality as Hyperpro shocks, so why buy Yacugar, when you can get the "real" thing from EPM?

The Hyperpro shocks are built to the rider specification and come with a progressive spring which we believe is better for street riding and a 5 years warranty, with a "free" 1st service.

Yacugar is better than the Wilbers shocks - even Ted Porter said that they have advantages over the Wilbers. This means that Hyperpro has to be better then both of them which makes it a terrific value for the money. Hyperpro shocks will be build in the US by EPM Performance Imports as of September 2012.

EPM just did build their first ESA shock conversion for the R 1200 R to full satisfaction of the owner. This is something else that no one is doing so far.
Just a heads up. I'm sure the Yacugar is a fine product (since it's made by Hyperpro,) and Ted Porter is a fine fellow, but.. as Klaus said, why not buy the original (with the 5 year warranty and free 1st service)?

DISCLAIMER: Klaus is a long time friend (going on about 20 years now) and I'm a bit responsible for his being in the shock/suspension business. He was the Wilbers importer for the US until he and Wilbers parted ways, and he moved on to HyperPro and YSS as their US importer. He only does suspension, and some electrical goodies such as RunNLites and some GPS mounts. Suspension is the primary focus of his business. I've yet to hear a complaint about the suspension service or products he provides.

So I am biased, but with reason.. I have used Klaus' suspension products on my last 4 bikes, and have always been quite satisfied. He was also the shock vendor who did the engineering required to maintain full suspension travel on my R12R while also lowering it ~3/4" - and that's a very custom setup - at no additional charge.
Don Eilenberger - NJ Shore
2012 R1200R - I love this bike!
Snapping Twig
Basic User

Post by Snapping Twig »

Thanks for that - now I don't know if I want them...

As it stands, I've committed and tomorrow is the install.

Ted assured me that the valving is individual for me. We talked about that specifically. He said they are re-buildable and easier to work on than others, so perhaps HE re-valves them. In any event, I am assured they are custom valved for me at 200#, 240# with gear and tail bag.

You've got me thinking, so I'll ask him tomorrow while I'm there.

Hyperpro is a good brand, so all is not lost. :)
Snapping Twig
Basic User

Post by Snapping Twig »

They're installed and they are fine!

As to them being 'off the shelf', nothing could be further from the truth. These were made individually, by hand - for me.

Fact.

Got the same 5 year guarantee too.

Ted took the time to make them perfect for me. Sag wasn't exactly right, so he pulled the rear out and did what needed doing to make it so and reinstalled it.

I'm familiar with my bike after 4k miles, but the new suspension made it a whole new ride and I took it easy on the ride home to get to know the new feel.

Softer, more plush. Add to that, the whole bike moved together as opposed to the front or rear reacting individually.

New shocks are much lighter too, given that I selected the steel body version for durability, that's a win.

When I got close to home where the highway is rough with the top layer of asphalt missing in a patchy way, I purposely went over areas of it I knew to be uncomfortably harsh. These are 1 ~ 2 inch deep areas of missing asphalt over asphalt, so they are not potholes, but the uneven surface is vexing. When I rode them, it was very much improved over OEM, the new shocks ate it up and while I was aware of the rough surface, it wasn't annoying in the way it was previously.

So the new shocks are more plush and the handling is improved simultaneously. Another win.

Yacugar is the latest in the series of improved shocks and while I am certain other brands will surface in time, Yacugar may well be the very best available at this time.

All the nay saying about them is IMO, false.

Got home too late to get pics, but I'll have some shortly and post them here.
Snapping Twig
Basic User

Post by Snapping Twig »

Here's the pics!

Front

Rear

BeemerShop
Basic User

Post by BeemerShop »

Since my name was brought into this conversation and there is some blatantly false information provided here, I thought I'd chime in to set the record straight.

My profession over the last 32 years has been in the technical side of BMW motorcycles, as a factory trained certified technician, then 15 years of dealership service management at respected dealerships on both sides of the country, and as a motorcycle service/suspension shop business owner. I have mentored many young technicians and attended every technical training course offered by BMW over many years. I’ve also been through the technical training at Ohlins and Wilbers, and I’ll be in Europe again this fall for more suspension training. I’ve earned every scar and the grease under my fingernails, and I’ve been dealing with motorcycle suspension matters longer than most people in this industry. Furthermore in most cases I am familiar with the all the systems on the bike and how they interact, not just the shocks.

Secondly let me say that in my opinion Don is doing a disservice to the readership here with his biased advertising for EPM, and by spreading false information without first doing some homework. If Don had contacted Hyperpro (or perhaps me to make his post more fair and balanced) prior to posting these statements, some of which were misleading at best and completely false at worst, he would have likely done some editing or perhaps not posted at all. Here are the facts, anyone can fact check me by contacting Hyperpro in the Netherlands.

Fact 1: Yacugar is having their shocks manufactured by Hyperpro. The reason this should not raise any eyebrows and is of little concern is explained in fact #2.

Fact 2: Hyperpro was initially a spring company and was originally having their shocks made by Wilbers! This manufacturing under another label is not unusual and does not compromise the validity of the product. Was Klauss telling people that the Hyperpro shocks he was selling before 2008 were NOT the “real thing” because they were being made by Wilbers? I doubt it.

Fact 3: Yacugar has the same 5 year warranty as Hyperpro, there is no downgrade on the warranty or anything else when you buy a Yacugar.

Fact 4: Yacugar shocks are NOT "off the shelf shocks" as falsely stated in Don's post. The Yacugar shock is completely custom built exactly the same as Hyperpro. The lead time is the same with Yacugar as it is with Hyperpro because they are both custom built to the rider’s weight and riding style using the same processes. Feel free to fact check me with the good people in Holland whom I had a nice conversation with this morning when I confirmed this fact.

Fact 5: it is not only unethical and unprofessional to imply that I take the Yacugar springs off and install other branded springs, it is also patently false and libelous. I have never done this and have no need to do this. The statement “regardless what Ted Porter tells his customers” was really over the line. As I read it this implies that I am either lying to my customers or I’m misinformed, both of which are patently false.

I wonder if anyone realizes that these false statements fly in the face of good business risk management practices since laws exist in the USA to protect a company's reputation from libel. It’s risky enough to make false statements verbally (which have gotten back to me) but it’s crazy to put them in print which would make a nice exhibit, especially when a customer states in the same post that he might change his mind about patronizing a business because of a false statement made here about that business. I’m not a lawyer but that seems to show the potential for harm by these false statements. I would suggest that Don does a disservice to himself and EPM by putting that in print here or anywhere else, but I digress.

Fact 6: The Yacugar shocks are available with a linear spring or a progressive spring, same as Hyperpro.

Fact 7: The statement that only EPM is doing ESA conversions for the R1200R is also completely false. If it’s true that EPM has only recently started doing them then he’s late to the party. Perhaps Don should have looked in the Wilbers catalog before posting that factually wrong statement.

Fact 8: Hyperpro is not better than Yacugar, they are both quality products custom built in the same factory using the same materials and processes. Unless you think purple is better than black. ;-)

Fact 9: Klauss seems upset that Yacugar is now being brought into the USA, I made that observation when he visited my booth in Sedalia. I can understand that, that’s the way business goes sometimes. However I’d like to think that if the roles were reversed, perhaps I would be more careful to not defame another vendor with false statements and would stay more ethical and professional. Hint hint. ;-)

Fact 10: There is enough suspension business to go around without all the politics and backstabbing, and in my opinion Don's post just fuels the fire. Frankly it is better for the consumer for Hyperpro/Yacugar to have 2 distributors, one in the east and one in the west, it’s a big country. More choices for the customer, this is a good thing.

Regarding spring choices; based on our years of experience with real world situations, in most cases we prefer a linear spring, in some cases we request a progressive spring, it depends on many factors in the customer’s riding environment. We don't follow a cookie cutter approach and we have the training and experience to know the difference. We also have a different opinion about how the hydraulic preload adjuster should be positioned on the body. This is based on our extensive experience installing and setting up shocks for riders who carry a wide variety of loads. We have learned over the years what works best in which environments. Yacugar/Hyperpro has been supportive of our ideas as they bring us into their family of importer/distributors. They are open to making changes for us which makes the product even better for our customers. Sometimes the devil is in the details. I bring my experience to bear on this process and I have countless testimonials from our very happy customers.

There are many quality suspension products on the market today. We carry or have carried them all. We’ve installed and rebuilt them over the years, we know them inside and out. We have narrowed the field to the ones that we believe suit our customers best. With my extensive history working with BMW motorcycles, my goal is not to just promote one shock brand which suits only my interests, but instead to bring in a variety of products to best suit our customers’ interests. That's what I've been doing for over 3 decades; I’ve built my reputation on it.

If anyone is interested in fact checking any of my statements, grab a headset, download Skype and give the nice folks at Hyperpro.com a call. You can also contact me at the BeemerShop, I'm happy to answer any of your technical questions, honestly and without bias. If anyone knows of other similar posts elsewhere where my name is mentioned, I’d love to be part of the conversation.

Thank you for your time.

Ted Porter
[email protected]
Cell: 831-420-7776
http://www.BeemerShop.com
http://www.GS911USA.com
deilenberger
Honorary Lifer

Post by deilenberger »

BeemerShop wrote:Since my name was brought into this conversation and there is some blatantly false information provided here, I thought I'd chime in to set the record straight.

My profession over the last 32 years has been in the technical side of BMW motorcycles, as a factory trained certified technician, then 15 years of dealership service management at respected dealerships on both sides of the country, and as a motorcycle service/suspension shop business owner. I have mentored many young technicians and attended every technical training course offered by BMW over many years. I’ve also been through the technical training at Ohlins and Wilbers, and I’ll be in Europe again this fall for more suspension training. I’ve earned every scar and the grease under my fingernails, and I’ve been dealing with motorcycle suspension matters longer than most people in this industry. Furthermore in most cases I am familiar with the all the systems on the bike and how they interact, not just the shocks.

Secondly let me say that in my opinion Don is doing a disservice to the readership here with his biased advertising for EPM, and by spreading false information without first doing some homework. If Don had contacted Hyperpro (or perhaps me to make his post more fair and balanced) prior to posting these statements, some of which were misleading at best and completely false at worst, he would have likely done some editing or perhaps not posted at all. Here are the facts, anyone can fact check me by contacting Hyperpro in the Netherlands.
Ted - real simple. I quoted exactly what Klaus sent me when I pointed this thread out to him. I added nothing, deleted nothing, modified nothing (except 1 paragraph break for readability.) It was posted with his permission. If you want to bitch at someone, bitch at Klaus. I also made it VERY clear that Klaus is an old friend, and that does influence who I buy suspension from. I was not going to and will not edit Klaus' words. They are as he stated.

I think you owe me an apology.

Fact 1: Yacugar is having their shocks manufactured by Hyperpro. The reason this should not raise any eyebrows and is of little concern is explained in fact #2.

Fact 2: Hyperpro was initially a spring company and was originally having their shocks made by Wilbers! This manufacturing under another label is not unusual and does not compromise the validity of the product. Was Klauss telling people that the Hyperpro shocks he was selling before 2008 were NOT the “real thing” because they were being made by Wilbers? I doubt it.

Fact 3: Yacugar has the same 5 year warranty as Hyperpro, there is no downgrade on the warranty or anything else when you buy a Yacugar.

Fact 4: Yacugar shocks are NOT "off the shelf shocks" as falsely stated in Don's post. The Yacugar shock is completely custom built exactly the same as Hyperpro. The lead time is the same with Yacugar as it is with Hyperpro because they are both custom built to the rider’s weight and riding style using the same processes. Feel free to fact check me with the good people in Holland whom I had a nice conversation with this morning when I confirmed this fact.
Once AGAIN you're attributing a statement to ME that very clearly was a quote from someone else. Another apology would be nice.
Fact 5: it is not only unethical and unprofessional to imply that I take the Yacugar springs off and install other branded springs, it is also patently false and libelous. I have never done this and have no need to do this. The statement “regardless what Ted Porter tells his customers” was really over the line. As I read it this implies that I am either lying to my customers or I’m misinformed, both of which are patently false.

I wonder if anyone realizes that these false statements fly in the face of good business risk management practices since laws exist in the USA to protect a company's reputation from libel. It’s risky enough to make false statements verbally (which have gotten back to me) but it’s crazy to put them in print which would make a nice exhibit, especially when a customer states in the same post that he might change his mind about patronizing a business because of a false statement made here about that business. I’m not a lawyer but that seems to show the potential for harm by these false statements. I would suggest that Don does a disservice to himself and EPM by putting that in print here or anywhere else, but I digress.
Same point Ted.
Fact 6: The Yacugar shocks are available with a linear spring or a progressive spring, same as Hyperpro.

Fact 7: The statement that only EPM is doing ESA conversions for the R1200R is also completely false. If it’s true that EPM has only recently started doing them then he’s late to the party. Perhaps Don should have looked in the Wilbers catalog before posting that factually wrong statement.

Fact 8: Hyperpro is not better than Yacugar, they are both quality products custom built in the same factory using the same materials and processes. Unless you think purple is better than black. ;-)

Fact 9: Klauss seems upset that Yacugar is now being brought into the USA, I made that observation when he visited my booth in Sedalia. I can understand that, that’s the way business goes sometimes. However I’d like to think that if the roles were reversed, perhaps I would be more careful to not defame another vendor with false statements and would stay more ethical and professional. Hint hint. ;-)

Fact 10: There is enough suspension business to go around without all the politics and backstabbing, and in my opinion Don's post just fuels the fire. Frankly it is better for the consumer for Hyperpro/Yacugar to have 2 distributors, one in the east and one in the west, it’s a big country. More choices for the customer, this is a good thing.
You're arguing with and demeaning the wrong person. I'm fairly well known on this forum, so people can take or leave my OPINION as they are wont to. I suggested that people look at Klaus for suspension stuff, but I have never made any secret of my friendship with him. I did suggest that they "buy the original" - as Klaus suggested, since Hyperpro IS the original, no matter how it's spun (looking at the photos - what I see are Hyperpro shocks with a different name on them. I didn't see any innovative engineering, or anything but name and color changes. Were there any engineering changes?) That, as far as I can see it is all you have to complain about from what *I* said, unless pointing to people out that the shocks are identical causes you concern.

BTW - as you pointed out, you've earned a living for 34 years working on BMWs. Good for you - you help keep riders on the road and an alternative to dealer service. I've heard nothing but good things about the service you provide (as I mentioned above) but it is is your source of income. I make absolutely nothing when I try helping people via the forums. Zilch. A number of members here have known me for years, and I hope that in some way I've helped them at times. I've never done it for profit or any gain. I have no axe to grind, so I'd happily buy you a beer if we meet at a rally.. since I'm sure you'd be interesting to talk to.
Bamblys
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Post by Bamblys »

BeemerShop wrote:

Ted Porter
[email protected]

What about the so called Third coast? I feel we have been forgotten here in the middle of a country. [-(
Oaktown
Lifer

Post by Oaktown »

I'll likely regret yanking the chain of "Der Kaiser", but apparently I cannot resist. You Don, posted Klaus' comments. That you did so verbatim and with his permission does little in my mind to ameliorate your responsibility for their effect and taking the position of "Hey, don't shoot the messenger" rings hollow. You mention your authoritative position on this and other boards, which is a fact. Then, you want to be able to absolve yourself of any responsibility by saying Klaus is a long-time personal friend and that you made that clear up-front. I believe this is known as a conflict of interest, in which case perhaps it would have been best for you to remain silent. In retrospect, maybe the best path would have been to encourage Klaus to post his opinion himself and to be prepared to defend his position personally. He has so far preferred to say nothing, which is not really surprising since his comments appear to have been eviscerated by Ted Porter. Lastly, your request for an apology (twice!) literally defines the word chutzpah. There, I let it out and I feel better; may God have mercy on my soul.
deilenberger
Honorary Lifer

Post by deilenberger »

John (Oaktown),

I think you missed or are ignoring the point of why I posted Klaus' reply.

When I first saw Snapping Twig's post about new shocks (I believe it was in another thread) - it appeared that Yacugar was a new player in the field of aftermarket shocks. This was pretty exciting to me. I did a tiny bit of research and found their website. What I saw were Hyperpro shocks with a new name and some new colors. I saw nothing on that website that indicated any difference at all except for the name and colors. This seemed rather odd to me since as far as I knew - Klaus is the sole importer of Hyperpro shocks in the US, so I asked Klaus about them.

The original post by Snapping Twig implied to me that these were superior to Hyperpro shocks. So far I've seen nothing to indicate they are (and I've seen no claim by Ted Porter or Snapping Twig or Yacugar that they are.) That's the point of my posting. They're probably a fine shock, since they are basically a Hyperpro.

While you feel it may be a conflict for me to reveal this information due to my friendship with Klaus - you seem to not see why it might appear as a conflict when a vendor posts, since they are financially involved with the product. Pot-Kettle-Black sort of thing. My post was to inform people of what I learned. It was not to pick on Ted, or the shocks he's selling, or his service. I made it very clear what my relationship is with Klaus, and where the information came from - so people can decide if the information is credible or not. As far as Ted's assertions - re-read what Klaus sent me, then re-read what Ted said. I could probably address the "Facts" point by point, but I don't see that as productive. My point was Yacugar = Hyperpro.

I can't help what's in your mind or how you view me - but what's with "Der Kaiser"? Is that some sort of insult I'm failing to recognize? I never mentioned anything about being authoratative on this or other boards - I simply mentioned that I'm fairly well known, and I'm sure some people have formed an opinion of my postings (it might be good - it might be I'm an butt crevice. Whatever. I'm too old to worry much about that.) If you feel I'm authoratative - thanks for that. I try to think I'm being helpful, but perhaps I'm deluding myself.

I'm glad you feel better. :) I'll shutup now.
omg1010
Basic User

Post by omg1010 »

Jee, if that doesn't end here I suspect some lawyers will get their pockets filled. Image

Don is the man who quoted some other guys statement. That does not make him (Don) responsible for that statement. Moreover this is a forum where people exchange and help each other and not start legal battles. If there is a false statement, make your own to get it corrected.

My humble opinion.

Brgds
Oliver
Snapping Twig
Basic User

Post by Snapping Twig »

Oaktown is correct IMO.

That said, the timing was harsh and caused me no small amount of grief, questioning my decision and Ted's honor.

The night before my project comes to fruition, a wrench is thrown.

I believe a lesson is learned here.
mogu83
Lifer

Post by mogu83 »

ImageImage

It's obvious from Ted Porters number of posts (one) that someone alerted him that a derogatory comment was made about him on this list and he did what most of us would do - he answered it on this list. It doesn't seem that he intends to use this list to sell his products and I don't remember him using this or any of the other BMW lists to sell his stuff. I have seen him answer technical questions when asked.

Seeing as the comment was attributed to Klaus then I guess the only answer that would mean anything would have to come from him directly, not hearsay. I think what we're seeing here is an 'off the cuff' comment made to a friend that wasn't intended to go any further. I've met Klaus more than a few times and he doesn't seem the type to knock another mans business or the man himself on a public fourm.

Other than that I guess their's a lesson to be learned here?

Just came back from a ride on the R1200R -- now going to take the /5 out.
Harry Costello -- Jersey Shore
2007 R1200R
1974 + 75 CB125S
1971 R75
2011 Sportster
BMWMOA 57358
BeemerShop
Basic User

Post by BeemerShop »

[/quote]Ted - real simple. I quoted exactly what Klaus sent me when I pointed this thread out to him. I added nothing, deleted nothing, modified nothing (except 1 paragraph break for readability.) It was posted with his permission. If you want to bitch at someone, bitch at Klaus. I also made it VERY clear that Klaus is an old friend, and that does influence who I buy suspension from. I was not going to and will not edit Klaus' words. They are as he stated.

I think you owe me an apology.

[/quote]You're arguing with and demeaning the wrong person. I'm fairly well known on this forum, so people can take or leave my OPINION as they are wont to. I suggested that people look at Klaus for suspension stuff, but I have never made any secret of my friendship with him. I did suggest that they "buy the original" - as Klaus suggested, since Hyperpro IS the original, no matter how it's spun (looking at the photos - what I see are Hyperpro shocks with a different name on them. I didn't see any innovative engineering, or anything but name and color changes. Were there any engineering changes?) That, as far as I can see it is all you have to complain about from what *I* said, unless pointing to people out that the shocks are identical causes you concern.

BTW - as you pointed out, you've earned a living for 34 years working on BMWs. Good for you - you help keep riders on the road and an alternative to dealer service. I've heard nothing but good things about the service you provide (as I mentioned above) but it is is your source of income. I make absolutely nothing when I try helping people via the forums. Zilch. A number of members here have known me for years, and I hope that in some way I've helped them at times. I've never done it for profit or any gain. I have no axe to grind, so I'd happily buy you a beer if we meet at a rally.. since I'm sure you'd be interesting to talk to.[/quote]

Not sure why I would owe you an apology, I find this so perplexing. Perhaps I scolded you because I believed you deserved it but I wasn't demeaning you. I was compelled to respond here because you posted information from a friend of yours that contained factually wrong information that could have hurt my business and my personal reputation and I wasn't present to defend myself. I think most people would tell you that is bad decorum. [-X I never said those comments were yours, so that point is moot. However you brought those comments into this forum. Your post put ME at the risk of harm not yourself. Don't worry, I am not asking you for an apology, I'm not into posturing. :)

Secondly, as I pointed out, Yacugar is made by Hyperpro. Now there are two sources for this great product in the USA, not just one. However we have requested some changes which we believe makes the shock better. So they are not exactly the same. When you buy them from us, you are getting our service and expertise built into the product. There were areas for improvement in our opinion, we have requested those changes and they have obliged. We believe we have some problem solving experience that is unique in this industry.

Regarding your second paragraph, I don't see how well you are known on this forum or how much you or I help people is germane to the conversation. I don't think anyone in this forum benefits when someone posts factually incorrect information whether they are your words, or regurgitating something you read somewhere, or the re-posting of someone else's words, you were still perpetuating bad information and possibly harming someone else's reputation in the process. Let's face it, don't we all dislike that? We all want the forums to be providing the best information possible. Perhaps you do that on a regular basis, good on you! But you slipped up on this one in my opinion.

I do agree with you completely that this could have probably been discussed over a beer, with a few laughs, and a few lessons learned, and it would have been a bit more congenial. There's an old saying, if you want to draw a crowd, start a fight, people seem to love this stuff. ;-)

So you brought this in here, I defended myself, it seems your feelings are hurt, and you want an apology which I think is silly since the harm was done to me. We both agree we could have a beer together some day and now I think it's time to get back to our regularly scheduled programming. Can someone start an oil thread? I'm pretty done with this.

Ted Porter
BeemerShop
Basic User

Post by BeemerShop »

Bamblys wrote:
BeemerShop wrote:

Ted Porter
[email protected]

What about the so called Third coast? I feel we have been forgotten here in the middle of a country. [-(
Haha, not so Bamblys. You now have more than one choice, go east or go west for the Yac/Hyperpro stuff. You also have a fine Wilbers importer closer to you in Wisconsin at Nick's BMW. :-) Any of these shocks from Hyperpro, Yacugar, Wilbers and a few others can be rebuilt anywhere contrary to what I've read in some forums, they all use the same septum style Nitrogen valve. In fact my favorite Nitrogen tool for these shocks is actually made by Ohlins.

Ted Porter
omg1010
Basic User

Post by omg1010 »

Folks, all I can see here is some kind of overreaction of some people. Lets put the guns back down and get back to business. The Hyperpro shocks are nice and quality products and if they get sold under a different brand then so may it be.

Ted all the best for your business but I suggest you take it easy. I doubt that anybody here is trying to harm your business.

Lets talk about antifreeze in the shocks ... :lol:

Brgds
Oliver