Bags-Connection Cargobag with system cases?

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

tiPirate
Basic User

Bags-Connection Cargobag with system cases?

Post by tiPirate »

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/pr ... /7289/340/

Anyone using this bag on an R with system cases? Doesn't seem to be any info on how they'd play together, though it looks like the cargobag doesn't come down too far over the rear bodywork.

sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Re: Bags-Connection Cargobag with system cases?

Post by sweatmark »

Cannot comment on the Cargobag, but I'm using the Bags-Connection Drybag (large) with System Cases. The Drybag is big, extending across the top of the cases and pillion cover plate of my Rockster. Works great for long-haul journeys, especially as riding gear can be quickly accessed or stowed when the weather changes... the Velcro roll-top makes it quick and easy.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/pr ... /4045/340/
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
tiPirate
Basic User

Post by tiPirate »

I like the drybag idea too, but really looking for more of a seat bag. Wanted to be able to open the cases without removing the seat bag.

Anyone?
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Post by sweatmark »

tiPirate wrote:I like the drybag idea too, but really looking for more of a seat bag. Wanted to be able to open the cases without removing the seat bag.
You can still open the cases with Drybag laying across pillion and case tops. With the large version, you have to dig under the end to unlock and pull handle, but it's simple and doesn't require that Drybag be unfastened. I attach the bag fore and aft using the D-rings (instead of strapping across the top) in order to keep the lengthwise opening accessible.

But hey, do whatever you want to do.
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
tiPirate
Basic User

Post by tiPirate »

Not trying to be snooty, thanks for the extra info! Definitely food for thought!

A drybag can be useful for all kinds of other things than on the seat of a motorcycle too. So there's that added value.