The price of fuel

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

SteelD
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

The price of fuel

Post by SteelD »

When I was riding Route 66 in 2010 I was amazed that I had to leave my credit card with the attendant before filling up with fuel. I was told that this was to prevent people driving off without paying especially as fuel prices were so high. To me, the price was so cheap compared to the UK. Perhaps what annoyed me more was that my credit card was out of sight while I filled up (not good practice) and I found I had 4 x $250 transactions charged to my card in California about 4 weeks after I was home on the UK.

However, it seems that the current fuel price in the States right now is about $3.20/US gallon. I found that the price varied greatly across the States and that it fluctuates more widely than it does in the UK. Nevertheless, using this figure and a figure of £1.42/litre in the UK then, using an exchange rate of £1=$1.624, fuel works out at:

US: $3.20/US gallon (equivalent to 52p/litre)

UK: £1.42/litre (equivalent to $8.74/US gallon)

Some difference!
David
2012 BMW R1200R
omg1010
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: The price of fuel

Post by omg1010 »

My R1200S requires the good stuff (super plus 98 Octane) which here in Germany is around 1.75 Euro per liter. At the present exchange rate this would be 2.32 US$/Liter or 8.78 US$/Gallon.

Never mind. Keep Exxon, Mobil, Shell, BP and all the other robber knights happy ...

Brgds
Oliver
cburgess594
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Re: The price of fuel

Post by cburgess594 »

Price of the fuel is more than the household expenses... :lol: