FirstGear TPG Escape Pants - advice requested

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

Jed
Basic User

FirstGear TPG Escape Pants - advice requested

Post by Jed »

Do any of you guys and/or ladies have experience with the FirstGear TPG Escape pants? We're getting our first frost here in the NE and I really need a pair of over-pants to manage temps in the 40's & 50's. I'm looking for pants that will cut the wind and offer some measure of armored protection. I don't really expect anything to be waterproof but some water-resistance is always a good thing. I have a FirstGear Ranier jacket so the Escape pants are an obvious choice to consider. On the other hand I'm losing some of these extra pounds quickly and the Ranier is getting to be too loose so I'm not married to FirstGear stuff only. I've still got a fair bit of weight yet to lose so I'm not ready to invest in really expensive stuff just yet, I want to wait until I get back to a more "normal / healthy" shape before I go for a high-end riding suit. Thanks in advance for your comments and insights on riding pants.

On a related topic, the bike handles much better now hauling around less weight up high as my former enormousness abates. The down-side is I am getting colder more easily having less "built-in insulation".

cheers,

Jed
nylife
Lifer
Donating Member #: 956

Re: FirstGear TPG Escape Pants - advice requested

Post by nylife »

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects handlebars to the saddle.
2009 R12R