System case locks

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

ron prior
Basic User

System case locks

Post by ron prior »

Picked up a set of used system cases for my Roadster.

How do I remove the lock cylinders from the cases?

Not a big deal, but I'd rather need just the one key.

Thanks, Ron
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Re: System case locks

Post by sweatmark »

Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
garr2
Triple Lifer
Donating Member #: 781

Post by garr2 »

60% of the art of conversation is knowing when to say nothing
ron prior
Basic User

Post by ron prior »

Thanks too all who replied, did as instructed..!.....woked great..one key does it all.

Now..if I'm not stretching my welcome???

Using the full size bag on the left,do i need to replace the pass,foot peg / foot peg bracket?...the bag [locater] hits the bag in a different place. I recieved [some] 'WUDO' parts with the bags i bought,...but i think something is missing?

Thanks again, Ron
Airman
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by Airman »

ron prior wrote:Thanks too all who replied, did as instructed..!.....woked great..one key does it all.

Now..if I'm not stretching my welcome???

Using the full size bag on the left,do i need to replace the pass,foot peg / foot peg bracket?...the bag [locater] hits the bag in a different place. I recieved [some] 'WUDO' parts with the bags i bought,...but i think something is missing?

Thanks again, Ron
BMW makes a lowering kit for the exhaust, which as well as giving you a lower mount for the muffler, relocates the "foot" for the bag. There's no need to change anything else. If you don't need the exhaust bracket, the fix can be as simple as a couple of short pieces of angle bolted to the bag to locate the "foot" on the footpeg bracket. You should be able to find discussion and pictures in here on this.
I don't get caught in the rain, I ride in it on purpose.
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Post by sweatmark »

BMW makes a lowering kit for the exhaust, which as well as giving you a lower mount for the muffler, relocates the "foot" for the bag. There's no need to change anything else. If you don't need the exhaust bracket, the fix can be as simple as a couple of short pieces of angle bolted to the bag to locate the "foot" on the footpeg bracket. You should be able to find discussion and pictures in here on this.
Seek and ye shall find:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21513&hilit=lowering+left

FWIW - The BMW lowering kit was good quality.
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
ron prior
Basic User

Post by ron prior »

Well thanks again for the help / pictures.

After reading & considering, I think I'll make my own bag [locater]/[holder] in the further out location & use the stock peg & bracket. Lowering the pipe is done.

Might look for a 'cat' eliminator later. Want to live with it quite for a bit first.

Thanks again, Ron