Sneak peek at the new headlight guard for the F 800!

Inspired by CycleRob, this section is devoted to all flavors of the F800.

Moderator: Moderators

Jeremy L
Basic User

Sneak peek at the new headlight guard for the F 800!

Post by Jeremy L »

We are excited to share with you a sneak peek of one of our upcoming products for the F 800 GS – our Lexan headlight guard!

As you can see, it comes with an AltRider glare guard which is integrated into the design of the headlight bezel, and fits tightly between the wind screen and headlight guard to prevent reflected light from blinding the rider. The headlight guard is secured to the bike by two stainless steel arms, but easily releases the face with a ¼ turn thanks to the Dzus fasteners. That means you can quickly clean road grime off the headlight and the guard during stops to stretch or fill up the gas tank.

The headlight guard for the R 1200 also features Dzus fasteners, which quickly made it one of the most popular AltRider products. Also like the R 1200, there will soon be headlight guard for the F 800 featuring a stainless steel mesh face.

If you want to be sure to hear when the headlight guard for the BMW F 800 GS is available, create an AltRider account and sign up to receive our product news updates about the GS line.
Venture on.

AltRider
Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Re: Sneak peek at the new headlight guard for the F 800!

Post by Boxer »

All those metal headlight covers are just too obtrusive for me. I chose to get that super protective film and attached that to my lens. Its supposed to withstand a pea size pebble up to 120 mph hit. Of course I don't do that much off road riding. Just a dirt road now and then for me.