Advice Needed - New Helmet

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

fastchic
Basic User

Advice Needed - New Helmet

Post by fastchic »

Hey all, I'm getting back in the saddle after a few years off. I decided to stop lurking and join in. I've been doing a bit of research for a new helmet and came across this guide: https://bikerrated.com/sharp-5-star-rated-helmets/ - do you guys worry about SHARP ratings? I seem to remember an ACU sticker was all you needed when I last bought a lid but should I get a 5-star rated one this time? :)
riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: Advice Needed - New Helmet

Post by riceburner »

Get the one that fits you best.

ACU or SHARP ratings are no good if it's too loose and falls off, or too tight and is so painful it's distracting. Plenty of shops have multiple brands - go spend an afternoon trying them on and find 2 or 3 that fit well, and comfortably, then see what their ratings are like, and other stuff like venting, visor mechanisms etc.

I've worn Arai for the last 20 years or so, mainly because they fit my head shape better than anything else - bloody expensive though!
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
Tigcraft
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Re: Advice Needed - New Helmet

Post by Tigcraft »

As above!!