I have learnt the hard way that buying cheap gear is a waste of time.
Quality gear costs and lasts, but sometimes needs repair or alteration.
I'm lucky enough to have an old school bootmaker within riding distance.
I rarely take a pair of shoes to him but he is always happy to repair/alter my riding gear.
Some of the jobs he has done for me are -
1) re-attached the gortex innner lining to the leather outer of my gloves.
2) resoled my favourite riding shoes.
3) re- attached the velcro strips on my jacket
4) replaced the elastic straps on a tankbag.
5) re-attached elastic straps to my Airhawk seat.
6) sewn felt pads onto the bottom of a large nylon cylinder bag so it wouldn't damage the paintwork on my system cases.
All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests