Sena smh10 and Cobra irad 950

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

Doug
Site Admin
Donating Member #: 1

Sena smh10 and Cobra irad 950

Post by Doug »

Does anyone use this setup? I am wondering if you can connect the sena and irad at the same time to an iphone? I'm looking to do nav directions from my custom route via the motomap app, and hear radar alerts via the cobra. Reviews online are all over the place and I cant find the answer- figured someone here may know.

Its not clear to me if I can connect two bt devices at once to the iphone like that.
Member #1
peels
Basic User

Re: Sena smh10 and Cobra irad 950

Post by peels »

While not exact, I have motorola wireless earbuds, and the cobra i-radar (forgot model) With the late 6+ (RIP) lol it worked perfectly.

I stream music and gps via the "buds" with the 5s im using now, and the one I started with, occasionally after an alert, there's a delay with the sound of my music or gps going back to full volume, since it mutes for the alarm. but they both connect. and I love it.

also, I don't always listen to music, I can sometimes forget its on, and hit an alarm...near heart attack wakes me right up. :)

I should say: the reason I have them both.... I had the Iradar on my amazon wish list for 2 days. My wife bought me the earbuds for my bday. when I got them, I deleted the iradar, assuming they WOULDNT connect. well, in that 2 day span, my mom bought me the iradar for my bday lol. I was QUITE pleased when they worked. not sure if it matters with order on bluetooth, but I always make sure the headphones are paired and connected first before turning the radar on.
2002 R1150R. Helmets save more lives than loud pipes.
peels
Basic User

Post by peels »

Must add:

this dual bluetooth setup saved me from a lurking small town officer's speed trap this morning. :lol:
Doug
Site Admin
Donating Member #: 1

Post by Doug »

Hah, cool. I ended up getting one.. but man the range stinks! I'm getting maybe 100 yards before I see a officer. I did some test with a static speed sign and its just as bad. I bout the 950..
Member #1
peels
Basic User

Post by peels »

Doug wrote:Hah, cool. I ended up getting one.. but man the range stinks! I'm getting maybe 100 yards before I see a officer. I did some test with a static speed sign and its just as bad. I bout the 950..

hmm....

mine goes off like crazy. I even noticed going by semis and expensive German cars.... I theorized they had the proximity sensors for cruise or something... I'll have to keep an eye out.

Gotta watch for the officers with point and shoot radar too. targeting motorcyclists and sports cars. If I'm in thick traffic, I catch radar early, open road, not so much, like you said.

Did you run into any that were "reported" radar? where the warning comes from the web community? That feature was pretty neat...on my drive to New Orleans. Doesn't really happen at home.