Pack your guns, the 2016 Bash will be in Waco

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

kirby
Donating Member #: 3

Re: Pack your guns, the 2016 Bash will be in Waco

Post by kirby »

sweatmark wrote:
kirby wrote: BTW I am up for trying to get something going in the way of a get together out west. Maybe northern Nev! 0r northern Ca? Your area? Maybe should be sorta central to the western states. Lota beemers roamaing these parts for sure.
Think about it.
:-)
I'm in, and willing to help coordinate. Newfound free time flexibility has me eagerly anticipating the riding season.

How about we start a new Group Ride topic thread and get some interest and ideas generated?

I'll think on it. There are some very good spots in the west that would be central even to those in the western part of the central time zone. I like Death Valley area and the coastal areas north of SFO. Along the Colombia river and NW NEV.
Maybe we can get some suggestions from members?
mike Mojave CA
'04 ROCKSTER
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Post by sweatmark »

We probably have most areas in CA/OR/WA covered via prior experience, and lots of good options as you suggest.

If we coordinated Roadster/Rockster meet with a western states rally, then how about the MOA event in Utah during late September?

I'm planning on John Day, OR rally as usual, plus Nakusp, BC rally, another WA/BC ride, my usual NorCal weekend, and the longer CA/NV trip.

<edit> Coincidence: just received first email re: annual BMW Oregon "Chief Joseph" rally in John Day.
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
kirby

Post by kirby »

sweatmark wrote:We probably have most areas in CA/OR/WA covered via prior experience, and lots of good options as you suggest.

If we coordinated Roadster/Rockster meet with a western states rally, then how about the MOA event in Utah during late September?

I'm planning on John Day, OR rally as usual, plus Nakusp, BC rally, another WA/BC ride, my usual NorCal weekend, and the longer CA/NV trip.

<edit> Coincidence: just received first email re: annual BMW Oregon "Chief Joseph" rally in John Day.
I haven't been to a MOA rally in years but UT is a great place for one. Maybe late spring or early summer something in NW NV. I went to the Big Bend TX last year with some Squadron (Navy) friends that ride and that was a hoot but a long way down there.
When are you coming to BFL?
mike Mojave CA
'04 ROCKSTER
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Post by sweatmark »

kirby wrote:
I haven't been to a MOA rally in years but UT is a great place for one. Maybe late spring or early summer something in NW NV. I went to the Big Bend TX last year with some Squadron (Navy) friends that ride and that was a hoot but a long way down there.
When are you coming to BFL?
That Utah event is a BMW MOA "Gathering". No idea what it entails, but it's an excuse/schedule/location for meeting.

I was thinking July or September for weeklong trip including Mohave/Bakersfield, but later is better to avoid the "Bake" part. Late September would coincide with the MOA thing.

May and June are filled up, and August is the BC rally.

When's your trip to Texas?
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
kirby

Post by kirby »

looking at sometime in May right now.
mike Mojave CA
'04 ROCKSTER