UK Memorial Meet 2012

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

UK Memorial Meet 2012

Post by riceburner »

Background: for the last 11 years some of the members of an internet forum called "Visordown", have met up to commemorate the memory of our friends who we have lost. Most of us have moved forum once or twice, but we still meet up once a year to renew old friendships, make new friends - especially those strangers who have helped us out online, posted interesting things on forums or just sounded like interesting folk; and of course, to remember our lost friends. (for more background, read this.)

This meet, last year, was where GWRockster and I met up, I'm hoping GW will be able to come over again, I "think" he had a good time last year, and obviously I think it would be great if any other UK riders wanted to come along, you will be made very welcome! The Memoral Meet has always been an open event for those interested in forging new contacts, making new friends with a common interest and generally having a good day out.

The Main event is the group meet up on Saturday at around midday, this year it's the 5th May. With luck the weather will allow a nice ride, on good roads, by all means join up with mates for a rideout (I just ask that you ride in a suitably sensible fashion, given the nature of the meet), and stop for a lunch with like-minded new friends.

MAIN EVENT DETAILS

The Memorial Meet will be held at 12am-2pm, on Saturday 5th May 2012, at Lumb Farm, Derbyshire (website). The pub does pretty good food for lunch, and are well stocked. ;) There's plenty of parking room for cars & bikes.

Google Maps Link

The address & postcode are:
Lumb Farm Country Club
Derby Road
Marehay
Ripley
Derbyshire
DE5 8JN

If you would like to post below that you're coming that would be great. :)
(If needed, you can contact me on my mobile, although signal in that area isn't the best: 0.7.8.7.0 - 6.0.6 - 4.5.5)

For those who are interested in extending the weekend, we are also organising 2 nights of camping at the same location (Lumb Farm).
The Friday is a "getting to know you" evening, and the Saturday night will be (basically) a continuation of the Memorial Meet of the afternoon. Lumb Farm kindly allows us to make a large bonfire, which becomes the center of the evening. :)

For camping details please see this thread on http://www.therevcounter.com/uk-motorbi ... ekend.html
(Utilising 1 thread allows me to organise everything much more easily, you shouldn't need to register on that forum, just read the details).
Please private message me for payment details if you are interested in coming for the camping - it is £15 per head.

Any questions, please feel free to ask me, either on this thread, or privately. :)
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
grwrockster
Lifer

Re: UK Memorial Meet 2012

Post by grwrockster »

RB,

I'm looking to be there again this year. Not to mention a good excuse for a decent ride out on the bike, (first non-local blast of the year for me) a social beer etc, and a good bunch of people and a good atmosphere.

Have already PM'd you with details.

G.
riceburner
Basic User

Re: UK Memorial Meet 2012

Post by riceburner »

grwrockster wrote:RB,

I'm looking to be there again this year. Not to mention a good excuse for a decent ride out on the bike, (first non-local blast of the year for me) a social beer etc, and a good bunch of people and a good atmosphere.

Have already PM'd you with details.

G.
Be good to see you again GW!

Anyone else fancy an early year camping trip?
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life