Short Ride with Blanche

This section is for people to post trip writeups and pictures AFTER the trip is over.

Moderator: Moderators

angellr
Donating Member #: 860

Short Ride with Blanche

Post by angellr »

This was the route I took ... roughly 200 miles of up/down/twisties/slab this AM out of Salt Lake City. Left the house at about 74 F and had to put on heated gear when I got to Kamas as it was in the low 50's and knew that I would be heading to higher elevations. Warmed up to mid 80's while in Evanston, Wy. Traversed two major mountain ranges (Wasatch/Uinta) went from about 4500' to 11,000' during this trip. Blanche performed flawlessly and certainly love the Kriega solution over the bags.

Mirror lake boat launch just coming down from Bald Mountain in the high Uinta Mountains about 75 miles from Evanston on 150. Stretch from Kamas, Ut (marker B) to Evanston, Wy (marker C) goes over Bald Mountain pass and has twisties, deer and open range animals moving around. Dodged more "spandex" on this ride than ever before.

Bald Mountain in the background which sits at almost 12,000' above sea level. The snow usually does not stay this late in the season. To the right of Bald Mountain about another 5 miles sits a few boy scout camps where they warm the lakes with ice cubes. A season or two before, there was a huge fire that shut down most of this area - did not see any evidence of this fire on my ride. You get a chance to ride Utah, there are TONS of great rides throughout the state.

Its nice to have such great rides close to home!
-Bob-

2014 R1200R - Dark White
2007 R1200R - SOLD
Dr. Strangelove
Double Lifer

Re: Short Ride with Blanche

Post by Dr. Strangelove »

It sure is. Looks like your Blanche is treating you well. Was in your neck of the woods and took, what was it 414? fromEvonston, Wy to Flaming Gorge. Nice ride.

John
'09 Schwarze Blanche DuBois
Well, don't do that-Hippocrates
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Post by sweatmark »

Ok, I'm naming my Rockster "Blanche" also.
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
angellr

Post by angellr »

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
It sure is. Looks like your Blanche is treating you well. Was in your neck of the woods and took, what was it 414? fromEvonston, Wy to Flaming Gorge. Nice ride.

John
John, yup, great ride. Heading east in a few weeks and will probably do a 5-6K 15 day trip. BTW, do you have/use a SPOT Satellite Messenger?
-Bob-

2014 R1200R - Dark White
2007 R1200R - SOLD
angellr

Post by angellr »

sweatmark wrote:Ok, I'm naming my Rockster "Blanche" also.
Where I live, perhaps Blanca would have been more appropriate? :D
-Bob-

2014 R1200R - Dark White
2007 R1200R - SOLD