Shake off the cobwebs ride

This section is for people to post trip writeups and pictures AFTER the trip is over.

Moderator: Moderators

DAQ421
Basic User

Shake off the cobwebs ride

Post by DAQ421 »

So,

I am really loving the R1150R.. The BMW is just turning out to be the best MC I've ever owned by far. The thing turns plenty quickly for me and the posture and 1150cc engine just chew up miles. However with the wet and cold, I've been basically only riding for the commute

Yesterday a buddy and I decided to embrace the new riding season and go for a little spin in the Mountains of Northern CA.

We headed out Vasco, through Discovery Bay, up 4 to Arnold. Ate at the Brewery, and then took a circuitous route home. We took Sheep Ranch Rd., to Railroad Flats, onto 26, and then down 88 to home all in all some 258 miles. Just a great way kick off the warm season. There were a lot bikes out yesterday, but mostly they all seemed to be parked in front of the few bars on Highway 4, and it was just beautiful in the mountains. There are some great roads between highway 4 and Highway 88.

The R was a champ and handled even some very rough roads with out issue.

I'd rather get heat rash than road rash. The end..
Catchina
Lifer
Donating Member #: 998

Re: Shake off the cobwebs ride

Post by Catchina »

We're having a winter storm watch in Rochester NY. I'm jealous of your nice weather :-)
2011 R1200R RED
1996 Virago XV 750
DAQ421
Basic User

Re: Shake off the cobwebs ride

Post by DAQ421 »

We went from the mid 60's and wet to the 90's in 3 days.. Weird weather for sure. I hope it clears up out there in the east and you get out on the road soon.

-Peter
I'd rather get heat rash than road rash. The end..