A full Torrey Report...

This section is for people to post trip writeups and pictures AFTER the trip is over.

Moderator: Moderators

UHGORDO
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

A full Torrey Report...

Post by UHGORDO »

...and in keeping with great fashion, it will be a long one!!!! BUT WELL WORTH THE WAIT WITH LOTS OF PICTURES!!!!

Now, in order to keep this post fun, do not scan ahead and look at the pictures. If you want, open another window so you can easily go back and forth--a little trick here is to hit 'CTRL' and 'N' keys at the same time and like magic, a new window opens up (using internet explorer).

Okay, so here is my WEST COAST BEAKSTER BASH 2005 TRIBUTE

Click the link below:
http://vito.karmagroup.us/~uhgordo/West ... index.html

PHOTO 1 & 2--OOPS, OUT OF ORDER--BUT DON'T I LOOK GOOD ON BOTH THOSE BIKES??? I B-rought M-y W-allet to BMW of Salt Lake and they helped me out by taking my money! I picked up my right oil cooler and changed it out...and I couldn't go to Torrey without a Gerbing Heated Jacket at 20% off--hey, they had my size in stock!!!!

Thursday, May 12th--The Big Day Has Arrived
As some of you may know, Latakia77 and I had bad weather moving in. Rain turned to snow 2 days prior to our leaving for Torrey, UT. There was no way we were going to hop in the saddles and 2-wheel it through slushy highways and ice-covered bridges when we had a free covered trailer at our disposal!! Especially, when the Beemers could ride "incognito" (notice the Harley stickers!!!)--PHOTO #3 The ice build up was at least one inch thick within 2 hours of driving...

Friday, May 13th--We get to ride the Beaks!
PHOTO #4--Glen is ready to ride--leaving Park City, UT
PHOTO #5--Wait!!!! Glen forgot something in the back of the truck!!!
PHOTO #6--Okay, gear on and now we are ready to ride!
PHOTO #7, 8, 9--A quick break where I-70 and 191 --meet up West of Green River, UT
PHOTO #10--Our first gas stop with beautiful mountains and clear skies
PHOTO #11--We decided that since the tires were warm by now we had better put some air in--OOPS! This machine was jammed with quarters and didn't work! Glen takes out his frustration!!!
PHOTO #12--This was our 3rd stop looking for AIR that worked!
PHOTO #13--UHGORDO riding past a rock formation North of Hanksville, UT. Long and straight roads here cruising at around 95-100 mph. A cop even passed us head-on but no tickets! :D

Saturday, May 14th--Group Rides and Pics
PHOTO #14, 15, 16, 17--RRRRRRRRRS Everywhere!!!!
PHOTO #18--beekstersocals license plate frame---But don't worry, he has been married for 20 years!!! Notice the exhaust and the reflective tape!!!
PHOTO #19--Picture takers--Let's see, left to right--rchop, deano, bmwkidd, photo, nakigara--the lone rockster!
PHOTO #20--UHGORDO on Highway 12
PHOTO #21 & 22--Photo, Latakia77 and UHGORDO taking a break on Highway 12
PHOTO #23--denverchuck finally caught us! Very scenic lake pic!
PHOTO #24 & 25--Photo ridin' fast!!!
PHOTO #26 THROUGH 30--Photo ridin' so fast, I even missed him in the middle picture!!! But he turned around and came back!!!
PHOTO #31--denverchuck and Latakia77 take a quick breather...we had to make sure the road was open prior to proceeding! YES IT WAS!!! 11,000 feet plus!--Brian Head Pass! Lots of gravel, hairpin turns and very steep grades!!!
PHOTO #32 THRU 34--A tribute to BOXER--a few court houses that we passed!!!
PHOTO #35 THRU 41--Saturday night B.S. Session!
PHOTO #42 THRU 43--Dean-O begins to ORGANIZE the pizza fest!
PHOTO #44--A toast to YUKON CORNELIUS! Thanks Dean and Britnheaven!
PHOTO #45--Rchop and Dean-o discuss their "Racin' Days" and breakin' the rules!!! CHEATERS!!!!
PHOTO #46--View from the pool!!!
PHOTO #47--Group photo-I tried my best to remember everyone's names!!!Kneeling front row L to R: Dean-o, beekstersocal, Acacia, sweatmark, latakia77, bmwkidd, Standing L to R: Photo, bmwdave52(?), vintagecycle, denverchuck, Pinstripe #1 (Tom?), Pinstripe #2 (Tom?), 1MPH, UHGORDO, dave(?), Ed (guest), nakigara (rockster), Back Row L to R: socalrob, rchop, goofy frickin' brit
PHOTO #48--socalrob and britnheaven chew the fat
PHOTO #49 & 50--britnheaven sportin' his VEGAS Glasses!!
PHOTO #51 THRU 53--Additional brake lighting and driving lights vs. stock!

Sunday, May 15th--The Bash Has Ended
PHOTO #54 & 55--Guys heading home!
PHOTO #56 THRU 59--Latakia and UHGORDO ride to the Ferry on Lake Powell--Huge Houseboat at the gas stop!!!
PHOTO #60 THRU 62--Continue on thru MOAB. Jeeps everywhere!! Cool Rock Arch!
PHOTO #63 & 64--Latakia77 heading back to Torrey from the East!

Monday, May 16th--Our ride home
PHOTO #65 THRU 67--Stopped at the Petroglyphs!! Awesome drawings in Rock! And different rock layers!

A few miscellaneous photos:
PHOTO #68--"HERE IS WHERE I RAN OUT OF GAS...EVEN WITH MY GPS!!!," Britnheaven said!
PHOTO #69--The FASTEST BIKES TAKE A BREAK!!! Well, at least the most represented at the WEST BASH! 469...RRRRRR!!!
PHOTO #70--A caged ST!
PHOTO #71 & 72--Spotted an Elk running through the field on the DRIVE home!
PHOTO #73 THRU 75--A tribute to DJ Downunder!!! Roadkill! We actually spotted a guy loading a trailer with roadkill and he was kind enough to let us snap a picture...a dead calf with many deer!

Gentlemen, it was a pleasure meeting you all! See you next year!

UHGORDO--Ridin' the Red RMADLO!!!!

Dave
"Raising kids is better than raising cane!" Thanks for the Ride!

Post by Guest »

PHOTO #73 THRU 75--A tribute to DJ Downunder!!! Roadkill!
Thanks for the tribute...witch one is the roadkill? :P ...great pics..thanks for posting them for those who missed out.

DJ
Britnheaven
Triple Lifer
Donating Member #: 246

Post by Britnheaven »

Dave,

Outstanding - great job!

:smt041 :smt041 :smt041
Bob the Madd Brit loose in CA....

Double Lifetime Member # 246
Deans BMW
Honorary Lifer

Post by Deans BMW »

Dave, excellent pics, and great to meet you and Latakia 77.

Torrey '06
Dean-O
Member #33
rchop
Lifer

Post by rchop »

Great Pictures Dave! It was a pleasure meeting you and all the others.
:D Randy :D
beekstersocal
Lifer

Post by beekstersocal »

kudos on the pics , definately alot of detail ,but thats your style. it was with great pleasure to meet you guys. look foward,as always for your post.remember if you cant ride ,f#$*,or sm@$* it we aint doing it :lol: :roll:
ride it like you stole it
UHGORDO
Lifer

Post by UHGORDO »

DAMN SKIPPY!
beekstersocal
Lifer

Post by beekstersocal »

that quote is from a cheech and chong flick maybe better in pats house.nothing imploded or implied : :shock:
ride it like you stole it
socalrob
Lifer

Great post

Post by socalrob »

Was a great time meeting the riders from Montana. Don't blame you a bit for a bit of trailoring. Torrey was such a blast & you photos bring back many great memories. The company & riding was the best.

I con't believe its a whole year to the next one.
07 1200GSA & 08 Ducati Hypermotard S
& Honda XR400
Past-04 R1150R
Pat
Honorary Lifer

Post by Pat »

Now THAT was fun! Thanks for the peek.
Member #31
Britnheaven
Triple Lifer

Post by Britnheaven »

Dave,

I just want you to know that I rode back across the Sierra's in heavy SNOW - I kid you not...

So I think its only fair that I should be able to call you a wooz now for using that trailer!

:smt098

vintagecycle
Basic User

Post by vintagecycle »

Great job on the pictorial, my beak ended up in several of the shots from the balcony, cool!!

Bob, I don't know if your snow ride could match the hell that I hit coming over Donner pass :smt107 truly frightening stuff!!
Actually I didn't hit any snow, just freezing rain, high winds, and slippery rutted pavement, and I had to ride with my faceshield open since it was fogged up on the inside and frozen on the the outside.....but you got me beat, course you were on the mighty Adventure, and me on the wee little beak.
That's it, I'm gettin' a GS!
Dan

'04 R1150R (Silver) Sold
'85 Yamaha RZ350
'81 Yamaha YZ125
UHGORDO
Lifer

Bobs GS

Post by UHGORDO »

Yikes!!! Snow on the GS...

Is this what your face looked like under that helmet?????

...and by the way, did you get propositioned on the way home as well??

Dave
Britnheaven
Triple Lifer

Post by Britnheaven »

Dan,

It was snowing heavily - it was settling at the base of the Monitor Pass on 395 - so I went around to Carson City and onto the I50 via South Lake Tahoe. The snow chain lights were flashing - but although I looked like a freakin snowman it was only settling on the summit at just over 7,400 feet. I was going around 15 mph with both feet out - it was a bit scary - but luckily only lasted less than a couple of miles. You do get better protection on the GS - and overall she was as comfortable as an armchair for my 2,800 (s)mile trip. God I love that bike.

Dave - I think my ugly mug was far more contorted under my Jarow than that picture - and no more propositions at Hawthorn that night.....

8)

Deans BMW
Honorary Lifer

Post by Deans BMW »

Good grief, the glass on my monitor just shattered.
Dean-O
Member #33
boxermania
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 312

Post by boxermania »

Good show, nice pics, good company, nice roads, nice weather....it sounds like all the required ingredients for a great time. Glad you guys enjoyed it and kept up with the tradition....let's keep doing it.

Beakster's rule............. :roll: :roll:
Member #312
06 Suzuki Burgman 650 "state of flux"
79 CBX