Report on MachineArt's MudSling rear inner fender

Ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the new 2015 r12r lc. R1200RS info goes in here too!

Moderator: Moderators

RedRyder
Donating Member #: 1065

Report on MachineArt's MudSling rear inner fender

Post by RedRyder »

Finally got a free moment to install the MudSling on my R1200R LC today. And that is what it took ... well, maybe a couple moments. The packaging, instructions and quality of the item is excellent. I only wish that all motorcycle accessories came with detailed, colored pictures and simple step-by-step instructions that came from MachineArt. One thing to note that is not in the instructions is that if you have your pannier mounts on, then you either need to take the bracket off or loosen it enough to be able to slide the other MudSling wing under the bracket near where the hex nut mount is located. One wing will fit fine but the plastic is to stiff to force back and under the edge of the bracket. Not a big deal and maybe I just didn't get it started correctly but that is what I had to do.

The wings are attached to the frame rail by use of zip ties included in the parts package. See the pic of the ties... they look sanitary enough. In the wet Pacific Northwest this accessory is going to work great. I'm glad I made the purchase.

What're you rebelling against, Johnny?
Johnny (Brando): Whaddya got?

2015 R1200R LC
Paul-from-VA
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Re: Report on MachineArt's MudSling rear inner fender

Post by Paul-from-VA »

Guess I see a need for one of those in my future.
Paul