gone not forgotten

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

razz
Basic User

gone not forgotten

Post by razz »

Hi folks, it's been a long time since I last posted, though I have been checking in. Well my 2004 rockster is no more. I had a crash December last year
and wrote her off. I sustained 12 fractured vertebrae, ruptured spinal cord, snapped ligaments broken ribs and a collapsed lung.
Unbelievably, I am still walking and talking, but my very much loved rockster was not so lucky. bought new in sept 2004, written of 21/12/16. 149000ks
of commuting, touring and sports riding. It never let me down, got me to where I was going and never once did I consider selling her.
Like the subject says, gone not forgotten.

Cheers

Razz
peels
Basic User

Re: gone not forgotten

Post by peels »

YIKES!

glad you are still here though.
2002 R1150R. Helmets save more lives than loud pipes.
kirby
Donating Member #: 3

Post by kirby »

WOW! now that's a crash!! It sounds as though your damn lucky to be alive! Hope you fully recover and get" back on the horse" as we say in the states.
I bought my rockster in '04 as well, well over 200K miles and still going strong.

kirby
mike Mojave CA
'04 ROCKSTER
riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by riceburner »

Ouch! glad you're still here. Bikes can be replaced, bodies heal much more slowly though!

My Rockster has gone too (120K miles and the big-end blew). Picking up a K1200R next week. :D
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
razz
Basic User

Post by razz »

Hi all, yeah I'm glad I'm still here too. And yes I'm getting back on the horse, just not the one that threw me; it's dead. When the doctors clear me I will drag my 78 R100RS out of the shed and continue riding.
Stay upright, stay safe and ride on.

Cheers

Razz