Is the red “!” light a glitch waiting to explode?

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Hidalgo
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Is the red “!” light a glitch waiting to explode?

Post by Hidalgo »

Still getting to know my Rockster, new to me with 42,498 miles. Today I did all my Christmas errands on the bike. Close to 100 miles driven around Orlando area. Just before my last stop as I pulled in into my last store, the red “!" light came on. I turned the bike off, went inside the store. When I turned the bike on again, the light came on, I think heard a slight backfire from the bike and the light went out. Not 100% sure. The ride home was uneventful. The light remained off and the bike was as good as always. The only thing different I have done to the bike is that I used fuel from WaWa a few days ago which is 92 octane instead of the widely available 93. Could that have caused the “cough”?
I really want to add that I am "head over heels" about this bike. It may have an agricultural tranny, a high maintenance servo brake system and a questionable spline design, but it’s such a unique feeling to ride it!
kirby
Donating Member #: 3

Re: Is the red “!” light a glitch waiting to explode?

Post by kirby »

Iv always burned 87/89 in my rockster with no problems. (unless a track day)

FWIW
mike Mojave CA
'04 ROCKSTER
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Post by sweatmark »

Betcha your brake/tail bulb needs replacement ... or similar intermittent fault that iABS checks at startup, like brake switch continuity.
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
Hidalgo
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by Hidalgo »

The light comes on not on initial start up. Usually after 15 to 30 minutes into the ride. Once the bike is turned off and restarted the light is gone. Bike runs like a dream at all times. I checked signal lights, tail lights, brake lights and will check fluids shortly. If possible, and I hope it’s not too much to ask, what are common "Check ! light” issues? My bike does have the servo assisted ABS but my ABS light is off. No issues there. Lastly, do I have to take it to the dealer for a computer diagnosis or any hand held computer purchased at an auto part compatible? The “GS 911 Diagnosis” tool seems like a good purchase for about $250 but perhaps there are other options.