Rockster Handlebars-Sportego Handlebars from Wunderlich-HELP

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

w.strauser
Basic User

Rockster Handlebars-Sportego Handlebars from Wunderlich-HELP

Post by w.strauser »

I have an 80th edition Rockster that I'm in the process of working out some new bars for. Right now, I have the stock bars at the welders, and I'm trying to see if he'll take an 1-1/2" off each end of the bar; I've got my fingers crossed on that one. If it works out well, I will post my results for everyone. I had ordered the Sportego bars from Wunderlich, but upon arrival I did not think they sent me the right bars. The Sportego bars had knurls that were more narrowly spaced than the Rockster clamps, and there were no holes drilled for the heated grips. I sent the bars back, but now I'm thinking I should have tried to make them work. The Sportego bars felt perfect as far as width and riding position goes. Was I too hasty in returning them (Wunderlich did tout them as a direct replacement, my biggest concern was that the knurls weren't aligned properly)? Has anyone put the Sportego bars on their Rockster or R1150R Roadster? Can you tell me how they are working for you; possibly e-mail me with a picture? Thanks for your response anyone!
shake1150
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Re: Rockster Handlebars-Sportego Handlebars from Wunderlich-

Post by shake1150 »

hey, did you ever get this sorted out? i'm looking to get a Sportego handlebar for my Roadster... wondering if went well/looks & feels good etc.

let me know!

cheers!

shake
Don't wrestle with a pig. Win or lose, you still get dirty.
gpzrider
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: Rockster Handlebars-Sportego Handlebars from Wunderlich-

Post by gpzrider »

Way out of date, but I bought a set of Rizoma bars to replace my Rockster bars. The knurl sections are inboard of the clamps and are more graphics than knurl. And you will have to drill for the heated grips as you probably would for any aftermarket bar. I hope you worked this out. A lot of work to change bars.
Gary D Free
Guitarmike
Basic User

Re: Rockster Handlebars-Sportego Handlebars from Wunderlich-HELP

Post by Guitarmike »

Gary,did you take any side by side pics of the stock bars beside the Rizoma's,or do you have a pic of them on the bike?How do they feel compared to the stockers,how much rise and how much further back than the stock bars?
Thanks,

Mike
sykospain
Donating Member #: 1

Re: Rockster Handlebars-Sportego Handlebars from Wunderlich-HELP

Post by sykospain »

The simplest and best replacement bar for the Rockster is the Roadster bar. Much more comfy and eliminates that elbows-out angle that seems fashionable on newer bikes these days. And kills your wrists after an hour in the saddle.

You can get a used one from the Bay. A lot cheaper than Bring More Wallet / Wunderlich prices.

https://postimg.cc/image/6d188jkxx/
This is the list of people I'd trust with my bike