Fuel strip

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the new BMW R nineT.

Moderator: Moderators

Sander Abernathy
Lifer

Fuel strip

Post by Sander Abernathy »

Does the R nineT have the oft and justifiably maligned fuel strip found on the R12R and other BMWs? I looked at the parts fiche and I could find it on the BMW R12R fiche but couldn't find it on the R nineT diagrams. I also couldn't find any other part that appeared to be tasked with detecting the fuel level. I'm concerned that if the bike doesn't have a fuel strip we won't have anything to complain about and this discussion group will have little or no activity.

Off topic, has anyone else had difficulties registering at ninetowners.com? I register but never receive the email required to complete the registration process. I've tried with two email addresses and sent requests to the administrator to no avail. I have checked my junk mail folder and the email isn't hiding in there.
2014 R nineT,
2011 Grey Matte R12R, (at the beach)
2011 Red R12R (RIP), &
'09 White R12R (RIP)
Karamazov
Lifer
Donating Member #: 540

Re: Fuel strip

Post by Karamazov »

As far as I understood it, it's got a new version of the strip, but dumped the OBC readings for miles to empty. Just a low fuel light, basically.

I've had the same issue at NineTowners. The exact same issue actually. Lost has an account, I'm curious as to how he managed. Maybe I'll just sign up as a premium member... There is a pretty active NineT community already over there.
N8
- '14 Dark White
- '14 R NineT
- '12 R1200R Classic
- '07 R1200R (Caged)
Lost Rider
Basic User
Donating Member #: 514

Post by Lost Rider »

Sander Abernathy wrote:Does the R nineT have the oft and justifiably maligned fuel strip found on the R12R and other BMWs? I looked at the parts fiche and I could find it on the BMW R12R fiche but couldn't find it on the R nineT diagrams. I also couldn't find any other part that appeared to be tasked with detecting the fuel level. I'm concerned that if the bike doesn't have a fuel strip we won't have anything to complain about and this discussion group will have little or no activity.

Off topic, has anyone else had difficulties registering at ninetowners.com? I register but never receive the email required to complete the registration process. I've tried with two email addresses and sent requests to the administrator to no avail. I have checked my junk mail folder and the email isn't hiding in there.

Like Karamazov said, just a low fuel light, which I confirmed mine works last weekend. :D
Will still go by the odometer though... glad BMW took the miles to emty function out, will save a lot of headaches and bandwidth... lol

Have you had any luck with registering yet?
I'm a moderator now on the ninetowners forum, PM me your screen name and email and I'll see what i can do.
Get Lost!
Sander Abernathy
Lifer

Post by Sander Abernathy »

It took a few days but my registration came through on ninetowners.com. Over there I'm saberr9t. Thanks for checking on me and for all your valuable contributions to the knowledge of the group.
2014 R nineT,
2011 Grey Matte R12R, (at the beach)
2011 Red R12R (RIP), &
'09 White R12R (RIP)