R-Nine-T PURE

This forum houses topics related to other BMW bikes that dont have their own forum (s1000r, r9t, K1200R, F800, r1250r, GS, HP2, HP4, F, K bikes, etc), or upcoming machines

Moderator: Moderators

peels
Basic User

R-Nine-T PURE

Postby peels » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:42 am

I may be behind the times here.... but...well, we stopped at the BMW shop in Iowa City, only to look at gear, fit my wife for a jacket. And then I saw it! I mean....Ive seen photos, but didn't really look further.

Oddly, Shes been wanting me to go BIGGER with an RT or other tourer. but then we both drooled on this bike. To ME, Its what a BMW should be-- a simple boxer. Not flashy, most beauty in function. thing only has a speedo? I loved it. sat on it, loved it more. Going to demo at their open house, hopefully. Spec'd out with heated grips(which I could let go of) it was 12k. I think I'd go with the spoked wheels, instead. which i hadnt seen a photo of yet, and look beautiful.

I must have one. And she gave her blessing.... so I think it might happen. Then just keep the 1150R and fully dress it for 2 up.

only thing missing from this is the telelever. but its still a beauty. 8)

2002 R1150R. Helmets save more lives than loud pipes.

sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Re: R-Nine-T PURE

Postby sweatmark » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:03 pm

I like the R-Nine series too. The urban GS has excellent retro-modern styling, but the Pure is similarly near-perfection. They don't look like road warrior though, so your R1150 tricked out for travel might be the ideal counterpart to the "less is more" Pure.
Now: Rockster2, F800S, S1000R, K1300S
Then: R850R, R1100R, R1150R, Rockster1, R1200C, etc.

peels
Basic User

Re: R-Nine-T PURE

Postby peels » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:32 am

sweatmark wrote:I like the R-Nine series too. The urban GS has excellent retro-modern styling, but the Pure is similarly near-perfection. They don't look like road warrior though, so your R1150 tricked out for travel might be the ideal counterpart to the "less is more" Pure.

loved the Urban GS as well! My Older son was REALLY into that one.

love the r-nine-t too... always have.

but this PURE .... just gave me the gooseys. 8) :lol: You are right, there wont be much long distance done on it. :lol:
2002 R1150R. Helmets save more lives than loud pipes.

Return to “Other BMW Bikes (OBB)”