Radio R1150RT

This forum houses topics related to other BMW bikes that dont have their own forum (s1000r, r9t, K1200R, F800, r1250r, GS, HP2, HP4, F, K bikes, etc), or upcoming machines

Moderator: Moderators

mrud
Basic User

Radio R1150RT

Post by mrud »

I am in the process of purchasing an R1150RT. I notice a lot of the R1150RT did not come with the radio.
Was wondering if I purchased one with the factory radio, if it is worth the extra money.
Can you hear the radio while driving? Is there another radio you would recommend to install vs. the stock
if the bike did not come with one?
Regards,
Mike R
peels
Basic User

Re: Radio R1150RT

Post by peels »

I ride with earplugs. Or my wireless earbuds for music. :) Never been a fan of motorcycle radios, leave that to the helmetless "me too bagger" harley riders :)

but to answer your question, they are fine at in town slow speed. On the highway, not so much. I would not pay the extra $ for that option, as who buys an RT to ride in town....? it WOULD be cool though, say if you rode around your neighborhood with no lid....

Cant answer specifically for the RT though. Only heard they weren't that good through the grapevine(internet), and many folks upgrade them.....

8)
2002 R1150R. Helmets save more lives than loud pipes.
mrud
Basic User

Re: Radio R1150RT

Post by mrud »

Thanks for you're input. I really appreciate it!