unitgarage kits.......

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

betres
Basic User

unitgarage kits.......

Post by betres »

just wondering if anyone has seen up close any of the unitgarage kits on any bmw motorcycles? all i have seen are pictures of them on their site and in one article in a m/c magazine. definitely pricey but i'm wondering ..........
dbrick
Lifer
Donating Member #: 902

Re: unitgarage kits.......

Post by dbrick »

We've seen ads on some of the European BMW accessory sellers' pages, and a mention or two in the magazines from someone's press releases, but I've never seen a bike with these modifications. I've never seen even a picture of such a bike out in the actual world.
David Brick
Santa Cruz CA
2007 R1200R
priors: R50, R50, R69, R69S, R65, FJ1200, K75S, R1100RSL
betres
Basic User

Post by betres »

same here david. the developer, marcaccini, said he hoped to have wunderlich carry the product but that doesn't appear to have happened. i asked one of the strattons of max bmw if they had seen any or plan to look into the kits and he said no to both queries. well, maybe one will show up a large m/c show or at one of the national or large regional rallies. sure hope so....i find the "look" pretty appealing in the photos....regardless, thanks for the response.
mogu83
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by mogu83 »

You guys tweaked my interest so I did a search to see what you were talking about.
http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/06/10/bm ... it-garage/

I think I'll just keep my old airhead in the garage for a Sunday ride and use the R1200 when I get serious about going somewhere.

Harry Costello -- Jersey Shore
2007 R1200R
1974 + 75 CB125S
1971 R75
2011 Sportster
BMWMOA 57358
betres
Basic User

Post by betres »

great looking slash 5 harry and some very nice additions on it. maybe i should have kept one of my airheads but i didn't and so the kit did get a tug out of me not only for nostalgia and looks but also because it would leave me with only one bike. simply don't have the space. you know what it's like, move something out and new stuff magically appears. thanks for posting the link so that others could view it too.
jkhomes
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 939

Post by jkhomes »

I'm with Harry too. I would look for a vintage bike before I put a $4,000+ retro kit on my R1200R any day. I have seen some other brands too. They look really cool, but so does my bike without it.
John K
2008 R1200R
2013 HP4