Dark white / Light white

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

ron prior
Basic User

Dark white / Light white

Post by ron prior »

Maybe a dumb question but...is there a visual difference ? Looking around on the net,the pics I see of each...I can't tell????? Am considering a 1200, and I like the white...but which one ? Of course i also like the Anniversary edition and the classic.

I have no close dealer to go look...[100mi]..that's why all the questions.

another question if I may...are the wire spoked wheels on the R1200R Classic tubeless or tube type?...........TIA
angellr
Donating Member #: 860

Re: Dark white / Light white

Post by angellr »

Dark white is a bit more subtle than the regular white. I have posted pics ... let me know if you have any other questions.
-Bob-

2014 R1200R - Dark White
2007 R1200R - SOLD
ron prior
Basic User

Post by ron prior »

angellr wrote:Dark white is a bit more subtle than the regular white. I have posted pics ... let me know if you have any other questions.
So it is basically just a name ? A few dealers with them, list the dark white as a special edition. And yet [in the pic] I see no difference between them and any other color "R". The classic ? yes of course, same goes for the anniversary.And as I said the two whites [in pics] look identical.

OK, since you offered.. :) I'll ask. Does the Can-Bus system have any problems in general. What about adding lights ? front or rear.
Stefan
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Post by Stefan »

Dark White is the name of the model, not the color. Because everything is blacked and greyed out except the white parts.
The color (Farbschluessel) of the R1200R Dark White model is called Light White Uni.
2014 R1200R dark white
before: 2007 R1200R silver grey
angellr
Donating Member #: 860

Post by angellr »

ron prior wrote:
angellr wrote:Dark white is a bit more subtle than the regular white. I have posted pics ... let me know if you have any other questions.
So it is basically just a name ? A few dealers with them, list the dark white as a special edition. And yet [in the pic] I see no difference between them and any other color "R". The classic ? yes of course, same goes for the anniversary.And as I said the two whites [in pics] look identical.

OK, since you offered.. :) I'll ask. Does the Can-Bus system have any problems in general. What about adding lights ? front or rear.
Just the name because, as was pointed out above, everything else is blacked out and is a special edition. The white color, however, is a bit darker than the other whites from previous models - the R1200R logo is different and under the paint on the tank, as opposed to, the decal that my '07 had that was adhered to the tank. All-in-all, its a great bike!
-Bob-

2014 R1200R - Dark White
2007 R1200R - SOLD
deilenberger
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by deilenberger »

Answer on the CanBuss - no. No problems. And adding auxiliary lights is no different than on any other bike. They get fused and relayed separately from the CanBuss (which is actually the control system for the bike - not the wiring harness.)
Don Eilenberger - NJ Shore
2012 R1200R - I love this bike!