UK Spring

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

gregor
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

UK Spring

Post by gregor »

Not ridden the bike since last June. At the end of a 900 mile weekend trip to Scotland and back I had hand and wrist pains (rheumatoid arthritis), back pain (old age) and terrible head pains (heavy AGV Nuvi helmet). Life intervened and lots of heavy stuff at home ,and elsewhere, stopped the fun.
Bike cleaned up fine after its neglect and the annual MOT test went well a week ago. New HJC helmet is so much more comfortable and am several months into a new treatment, quinine, for my arthritis. Things are looking better and I must try to keep those dark clouds over the horizon.
Good to see so many old timers still on the forum. :)
2002 black 180 degree single spark V twin
riceburner
Basic User

Re: UK Spring

Post by riceburner »

Good to hear things are looking up.

I'm back after a year off the bike as well, need to sell my K12R, and get my new Rockster on the road.
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
gregor
Lifer

Post by gregor »

I look forward to hearing about your Rockster. Not seen many on the road.
2002 black 180 degree single spark V twin
riceburner
Basic User

Post by riceburner »

gregor wrote:I look forward to hearing about your Rockster. Not seen many on the road.
It's road ready now, I just can't afford (at the moment) to run 2 bikes.

Looking for a new job at the moment!
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
Photoguy
Basic User
Donating Member #: 678

Post by Photoguy »

OP- hope you have a great riding season!
Tigcraft
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Post by Tigcraft »

gregor wrote:Not ridden the bike since last June. At the end of a 900 mile weekend trip to Scotland and back I had hand and wrist pains (rheumatoid arthritis), back pain (old age) and terrible head pains (heavy AGV Nuvi helmet). Life intervened and lots of heavy stuff at home ,and elsewhere, stopped the fun.
Bike cleaned up fine after its neglect and the annual MOT test went well a week ago. New HJC helmet is so much more comfortable and am several months into a new treatment, quinine, for my arthritis. Things are looking better and I must try to keep those dark clouds over the horizon.
Good to see so many old timers still on the forum. :)
Time to go riding with some boys then. It’s so easy to loose it if you don’t use it. I’ve come close sometimes but managed to overcome it.