Front Rim "Spin Art" ?

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

RadicalR1150R
Lifer
Donating Member #: 960

Front Rim "Spin Art" ?

Post by RadicalR1150R »

I've got what looks like the old spin art paint for kids on my front rim.
I made sure the recent bleeder's installed were snugged, lines seem to be OK.
It's not bad, but it's not right either.
Do ya think I have damaged a seal/o-ring on the caliper? when doing the iABS bleed,removing pads & installing new?
Thanks.
kirby
Donating Member #: 3

Re: Front Rim "Spin Art" ?

Post by kirby »

Maybe a seal has just let go. If not from the lines almost has to be a o ring seal..no?

Holding pressure still?

Curious!
mike Mojave CA
'04 ROCKSTER
RadicalR1150R
Lifer

Post by RadicalR1150R »

you may be right,pressure is good, brakes good. maybe I'll pull a caliper a check for fluid..
Thanks.. checking on Spiegler 4 line kit front, 04 R but don't see a ABS kit listed, e-mailed sales.
riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by riceburner »

Did you split the calliper or not?

If you DID - the internal seals may have dried over time and aren't sealing properly again.

BMW don't sell them (they claim you can clean the calliper fully without splitting it).
Try a Kawasaki dealer for Tokico callipers, or a Ducati dealer for Brembo callipers. The seals are available - just find the matching calliper on the appropriate bike (ie, same shape/style/bores).
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
RadicalR1150R
Lifer

Post by RadicalR1150R »

I did pull & split a caliper & all was cleaned & assembled. Inside was good & after assembly is tight.
I'm getting a drop of oil off my filter after riding & on center stand. Took filter off & re installed. still.
This is the new model Mobile 1-102A I think I may have reefed it on too tight & that's were the problem is from. Think that drop could fling off towards the front wheel going down the road & spatter the front wheel? Will clean bottom end of engine & put on another filter.. 1st drips ever..