New to R1150R - help is appreciated

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

diogobss
Basic User

New to R1150R - help is appreciated

Post by diogobss »

Dear all,

I have recently acquired a 2003 silver R1150R and have been enjoying it immensely over the past month, riding on Portuguese roads.

I had, however, some difficulties that perhaps you could kindly give me a hand:

1 - When installing a Scorpio SR-i900, I had troubles finding where the tail light / rear turn signals cables run below the driver's seat (this was especially annoying after having all the trouble to remove the tank to connect the alarm to the battery). Has anyone installed a similar alarm or know where to find these cables / knows the colour code for each of the tail light / right and left rear turn signals?

2 - Since my motorbike did not have heated grips, I found a nice aftermarket Oxford Premium Touring OF691 that seemed easy to fit by myself. However, although the left grip fits perfectly, I had trouble with the right one. After removing the grip, mirror, throttle cable and 3 screws from the right controls, could not remove the hard plastic turning throttle unit, that seems to be connected in some mysterious way to the other controls piece (where the right turning signal button / starter are). I may have a problem in the fitting anyways afterwards (the Oxford grips seem to have a lower diameter than the hard plastic throttle unit), but maybe some sanding will do the trick.

Any advice is much appreciated, I guess that some of these issues come from the fact that I dont seem to find the service manual online (just the maintenance / repair one, that is not very helpful in neither of the situations),

Kind regards
Diogo