02 R1150R ABS problem

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

snave
Basic User

02 R1150R ABS problem

Post by snave »

Sorry to post another ABS issue, but I've run out of things to check after looking at all the posts.

needed a new battery. Replaced with Westco from Beemer boneyard. seems to work fine.

while I had the tank off, I decided to do the brake fluid flush/fill/ bleed procedure documented.
now, on switch on, lights behave normally, but on pull away brake light continues to flash. There is no whine from the ABS when brakes are applied. braking is noticeably diminished. brake light functions normally from either hand or foot brake. brake fluid levels were good. pulled wheel sensors, cleaned, and replaced. no significant dirt or trash there. pulled related fuse and relays and put them back.

Only thing I can think to try is to pull the tank again and recheck bleeding and fluid levels. Also check the abs filters documented on ADVrider.

Any other suggestions?

Should the ABS whine before tests are completed?
If there's no whine, is that an electrical problem to the abs or is the abs shut down because of a fault?

I'm not very close to a dealer and I hesitate to ride the bike to a dealer for repair. I would like to keep the ABS, so removing it is a last possibility.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Paul
Lavonia, Ga
snave
Basic User

Re: 02 R1150R ABS problem update

Post by snave »

took the bike to Boxer works in Watkinsville, Ga. They said their gs911 said high pressure in the front circuit. No rebuild available for this model and doesn't seem to be any used parts either.
Kobe22
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: 02 R1150R ABS problem

Post by Kobe22 »

Damn man, sorry to hear about this - hopefully you got it resolved.
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Post by sweatmark »

Solution: xABS
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
vwdoctor
Basic User

Post by vwdoctor »

I am not sure if it is already used but I would like to submit TTSO as "Take that s*** off", to be used in future cases related to the iABS issues.
04 Rockster (non ABS, single spark)
91 K75RT

I want to be unique, just like everybody else.
texbid
Basic User

Post by texbid »