What's a m/c forum without another dumb oil question???

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

sstein
Donating Member #: 25

Re: What's a m/c forum without another dumb oil question???

Post by sstein »

Hey photoguy, a slight tangent here...

I'm in RI so I feel your weather pain. But you gotta figure out a way to extend your riding season. I have found that riding as deep as possible into December affords me some of the best riding of the year. As long as the roads are dry and I can get the bike to start, I put on my snow pants, heated jacket liner/gloves, balaclava and thermal socks. It's a bunch of effort but worth it for an hour or two of solid fun.
I try to start riding as soon as the streets are dry enough and I can shovel a path through the snow on my driveway. I don't wait for the salt and sand to be all cleared because I can't. Altogether my bike is stowed from late December to early April.
2002 R1150R
"Better is the enemy of good enough"
- my brother-in-law's brother
Photoguy
Basic User
Donating Member #: 678

Re: What's a m/c forum without another dumb oil question???

Post by Photoguy »

Those are good tips. And fwiw, I typically ride through November and at that point start thinking about organizing the garage for the winter ahead....moving the m/c to the back and bringing the snowblower to the front Maybe I'll look into a heated vest to extend that a little.

And strangely, I posted the original question 10 years ago when I first got my R. Not exactly sure how it resurfaced!