FREE Farkles- A Company Doing Market Research on BMW Goodies

The sexy K1200R!

Moderator: Moderators

Lost Rider
Basic User
Donating Member #: 514

FREE Farkles- A Company Doing Market Research on BMW Goodies

Post by Lost Rider »

Now that I have your attention, please read. Sorry no Farkles, but you could win a Motorbike!

With the continuos BANDWITH limit exceeded causing the site to go down, now is a good time for all you member's who haven't supported Doug's site to PAY UP. :biggrin:
It's takes money to host the site, and if you've ever posted a question, gained any knowledge or idea's from r1150r.org you should help support what I see as the most important "accessory" for our expensive motorbikes - a wealth of knowledge and experience in one place.
There's plenty of regular posters around here who have a BLUE title. We all have plopped down big bucks for a BMW, and everyone on here who owns or is going to own a Roadster benifits from this site. I'm talking to you guys that have been around a while and you n00b's too. ;)

Come on boys and girls, pony up! The cost of a basic membership is about ONE tank of gas...
When you Really need to ask about a torque value after you have your bike apart, want to know if something fits before you bid on ebay, or are just passing the time at work, #-o this is where you go and if the sites down you are out of luck with no where to turn...
For those of us that are already members, go buy a couple of raffle tickets - again the cost of ONE tank of gas....

Goto http://www.r1150r.org and click on this tab to be a supporter, and a MEMBER of our community.

Even better go here, buy a membership and some raffle tickets for a neat little bike....

http://r1150r.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14159

These opinions are my own and do not represent r1150r.org.
Get Lost!
Lost Rider
Basic User
Donating Member #: 514

Re: FREE Farkles- A Company Doing Market Research on BMW Goodies

Post by Lost Rider »

NCGS wrote:
I'll tell ya what.. I'll make you a deal.. when I can go more than 48 hours without logging in only to get the dreaded "exceeded bandwidth" alert, or when I can go more than 5 minutes w/o hitting the "back" arrow only to find I've "timed out", or when I only have to log in one time during a visit, then I'll be more than happy to make a contribution - no joke.

In the meantime, there's been a lot of chat about making contributions, and I can see by the colored names that many have, but frankly I don't see much of an improvement in service. I'm not blaming Doug, he's only doing what he can to make all of us happy.. but as a guy who spent a decent size bundle on Exelsior-Henderson stock a few years back (and we all know where that money went), I've become somewhat of a skeptic.. I'm more than willing to support a top-performing website, or a top-performing anything.. but in the time that I've been a member of this board, I've actually seen the performance decrease, not increase.

Show me better reliablility and peformance, and I'll be more than happy to show you da money... :smt023

This is my nice way of saying this since I have enjoyed your contributions to this forum....
Too bad this isn't on ADV....
I've been around here a little longer than you, and before the r1200r forum came around and grew like it has there were very few if any errors. That leads me to believe that OUR little(r1200R) forum with it's new member's signing up daily, is a major factor in taking Doug's system limits beyond their capabilities. With that said, I see it as being up to US to help Doug buy the needed bandwidth to keep this site going smoothly.
This is a non for profit site, and we can't expect doug to spend countless hours/days/years maintaining the site AND front the bill, signing contracts, committing to pay for the upgrades without having the income to pay for it. Would you rather he sold POP UP ads to support the site? I wouldn't.
Saying you'll donate AFTER the site is better is shallow, and outright rude. Considering you have things for sale to make a PROFIT FOR YOURESLF in the Flea-Market, and have benefitted greatly ALREADY from this site, you should be ashamed of these comments.
It's UP TO US as a group to help this site grow, not demand better performance before you'll cough up up measly $20, or god forbid $60 for a lifetime membership. [-X

With all that said, if you want to be so arrogant to demand performance before $, then at least go buy some raffle ticket so you can sleep well at night knowing you spent your money on a "tangible" thing - a chance to win a bike, but with your " high performance" attitude, I'm sure that bike wouldn't be up to you high standards.

-Joe Finn
Get Lost!