Tall windscreen, R1150R vs. R1200R

The sexy K1200R!

Moderator: Moderators

Bill Stevenson
Lifer
Donating Member #: 701

Tall windscreen, R1150R vs. R1200R

Post by Bill Stevenson »

I am thinking of trading from my 2002 R1150R Rockster to a 2008 R1200R. My current bike has the BMW accessory tall windscreen which works well for me. The pictures of the newer model seem to show a smaller, shorter "tall" windscreen from BMW. Has anyone made this trade who can tell me if there is any appreciable difference in coverage between the older and new "tall" BMW windscreen?

Also, I have not been able to find an R1200R to ride, but my business partner has an R1200RT, which I have ridden. Not exact, but better than nothing. For those who have made the switch, is the new model noticeably lighter in weight? Any riding impressions comparing the two would be appreciated. My bike rides real well and I have been very happy with it. It is the latest is a long line of beemers going all the way back to 1969.

Thanks,

Bill
CW_Bang
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

R12R

Post by CW_Bang »

You got this posted in the K-bike section; You'd get a bunch of responses if you moved it to the R12R site.

I had an '04 R1150R and now own a '07 R12R and the new bike feels lighter, way faster, and handles better. The engine spins up much faster and it really likes to rev. the bike also feels more comfortable with more legroom. I only have the sport windshield so can't comment on that. I'm really glad I bought it..

Jerry
Bill Stevenson
Lifer
Donating Member #: 701

Post by Bill Stevenson »

Thanks. I followed your advice.

Bill