Liner bags for K1200S/R sports panniers

The sexy K1200R!

Moderator: Moderators

leoist
Basic User

Post by leoist »

I'm trying to convince one of the folks who make liners for side cases to make a liner bag that fits the K1200S/R & F800 sports panniers.

I don't know about you folks, but my experience trying to pack those panniers is pathetic. Even though they come with waterproof duffel-type bags, packing them is a major pain the ass because of the concavity built into the inner wall (anybody know the purpose of that shape?). A liner fit to the internal dimensions would be a tremendous asset in packing the cases, especially if it was built with expansion panels to match the expansion position of the panniers.

I'm willing to finance the design and initial prototypes of the liners. If anybody's interested in purchasing a pair, email me privately ([email protected]) and also let me know what you think a reasonable price would be for quality liners with expansion panels.

Thanks,

Leo
riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: Liner bags for K1200S/R sports panniers

Post by riceburner »

leoist wrote:I'm trying to convince one of the folks who make liners for side cases to make a liner bag that fits the K1200S/R & F800 sports panniers.

I don't know about you folks, but my experience trying to pack those panniers is pathetic. Even though they come with waterproof duffel-type bags, packing them is a major pain the ass because of the concavity built into the inner wall (anybody know the purpose of that shape?). A liner fit to the internal dimensions would be a tremendous asset in packing the cases, especially if it was built with expansion panels to match the expansion position of the panniers.

I'm willing to finance the design and initial prototypes of the liners. If anybody's interested in purchasing a pair, email me privately ([email protected]) and also let me know what you think a reasonable price would be for quality liners with expansion panels.

Thanks,

Leo
That inner curve is (I believe) to provide clearance for the K1200S bodywork.
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
r1200rforme
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

KS Bags

Post by r1200rforme »

As the owner of a K1200S I am fully aware of the bags shortcomings. I have found that using plastic bags that you can remove all the air from, without a vacuum cleaner, and rolling the bag, then placing the rolled bag into the liner, they seem to mold themselves into the shape of the case. Finding anything in these bags is also a PITA. Give me BMW hard bags anyday.
machew01
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 345

Post by machew01 »

I've used the cases on my K1200S more times than I can count. I used the bag liners once. It's easier to pack individual items into the cases without the bag liners. It takes several trips to start learning how to best use all the nooks and crannies. The cases are easy to remove and carry, and I have never had any water get into my cases. So the liners have never seemed necessary .

mac
Henrysheem
Basic User

Post by Henrysheem »

Im looking to source some liner bags for my TPs panniers. Theres a firm selling some pretty decent looking ones on UK Ebay for less than Ј60 delivered, I might take the plunge and go for them, but I was wondering if anyone has got some alternative suggestions?