Just one more new bike option...

(This archived section can be viewed by all, but modified only by Doug and moderators.)
This reference section highlights some key aftermarket accessories or installation walkthroughs that people have found useful.

Moderator: Moderators

DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Just one more new bike option...

Post by DJ Downunder »

I've been interested in Suzuki's 'B-King' when I saw the first concept drawings of it before our RR came out in 01.

The bike has been around for many years now and it looks like Suzuki is now getting ready to release it.

It's basically a naked Bussa....serious mumbo-jumbo.

I wonder who copied who with those fuel tank cowls...anyone else like it?

DJ

Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

It looks a lot shorter than an 'Busa.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

Just found this on the Motorcycle Daily site

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/25may05boostking.htm

DJ
scottybooj
Lifer

Post by scottybooj »

ohhh, me likee. me likee alot.

that rear tire is friggin' HUGE!!!!!!!
Scott
Black '50R
Long Island, NY
double-secret probationary lifetime member #311
KHaynes
Lifer

Who likes it?

Post by KHaynes »

I like a machine to look like a real machine.
This one works for me. It looks a like a brute.
Keith Haynes
R1150RT
Wheelcaps
big papa
Basic User

Post by big papa »

As a former 'busa owner, I like it. With out wind protection 155+ would pull your arms out. Sweeeeeet.
Bill
'07 R1200RT
Pat
Honorary Lifer

Post by Pat »

I'm a big fan of nekid bikes, always wanted to own a Suzuki, and am ready to go full circle back to Japaneso, Japaneso, yes I think so.... However, that appears only to be a mock-up of an idea proposed four years ago. I wonder what the 2006 would look like.

I can only hope that they would consider the ergos of those who may be most interested in and could afford such a bike. I hope that it will be a standard riding position akin to that of the FZ1. I might also hope that they trim the bulge down on the back of the gas tank for those of us with a bulge of our own ('belly' that is). And I would hope that they make the seat narrow enough toward the front so those of us with short inseams might reach the ground with at least one foot......

I wonder what kind of Cordura bags will look best on it?
Member #31
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

Will 2006 finally be the year that Suzuki brings in the production version of the awesome B-King!

News from around the world says: The Suzuki B-King concept bike that wow'd showgoers around the world in 2001 and 2002 will go into production in 2006. Both MCN of England and Australia Motorcycle News say their sources confirm the reality of a production version of the incredible motorcycle. Originally shown as a turbocharged, 250bhp 1300cc machine, the production version is expected to be shown to the public for the first time at the “Salon International de la Moto” motorcycle show in Paris later this year. The production version is expected to have a naturally-aspirated 1300-1500cc motor with almost identical styling to the 2001 showstopper, though it will have none of high tech goodies like the heads-up display helmet, telematics, fingerprint recognition, remote diagnostics and other advanced concepts of the show bike to ensure the bike is priced competitively. Styled in the likeness of a Pit Bull, the B-King production model will retain very strong similarities in the frame, brakes and suspension to that of a MotoGP racer. Expect no plastic on this mean machine, Suzuki is keen to keep it all metal, carbon fibre, titanium, and aluminum which made the concept bike so cool!

Latest picture from Australian Motorcyle News. See gallery section for more photo's of this awesome concept bike about to turn reality!!
rivi7777
Basic User

2006!

Post by rivi7777 »

Wow!

The front tire/wheel appears to be massive! 2006 is going to be a great year! Super Dukes, Beasts, B Kings (stupid name) and ? I recently purchased an Aprilia RST 1000 Futura that I'm very pleased with. Now I hear rumors of an all new 1200cc Futura dripping with sex appeal and high tech. What's next?